cruise cover or not for UK Citizens/Residents

cosmics

Can anyone from the UK help?

I have been on transatlantic crossing many times I buy good travel insurance with 'Cruise cover' as the insurance premiums are going up all the time ( well that's how it appears to me ) My question is do I really need cruise cover for a 7 night crossing. I always buy comprehensive 'inc of United States' insurance cover for my stay in the United States in others words would regular insurance cover suffice without the cruise cover aspect.

I'm sure this topic has been covered in past just cant see much after alot of searching

Thanks in advance...

I would ALWAYS include every aspect of your holiday in your insurance. Having had to use the medical facilities onboard a cruise ship (when I contracted shingles) I can assure you that the costs of treatment are prohibitive and, had I not included cruise cover on my insurance, I would have had to bear the cost of treatment myself. For the sake of an extra few £'s, I wouldn't be prepared to take the risk. Hope this helps.

We have just renewed our annual multi trip worldwide including America travel insurance with UK Travel Insurance and I asked if we had cruise cover included or did we need to take additional cruise cover. Was told that cruise cover was included in an annual worldwide including America policy but would still check each time before taking out a policy.

I would ALWAYS include every aspect of your holiday in your insurance. Having had to use the medical facilities onboard a cruise ship (when I contracted shingles) I can assure you that the costs of treatment are prohibitive and, had I not included cruise cover on my insurance, I would have had to bear the cost of treatment myself. For the sake of an extra few £'s, I wouldn't be prepared to take the risk. Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply... Shingles is horrid not nice to get anytime.

I will always include cruise cover

Hi

I would just add that for a relatively young person a cruise cover extension in the UK is often very little extra cost on an annual multi trip policy, for instance I believe it cost me around £80 total for my annual worldwide policy this year, including a cruise extension.

That said, I do not have any significant pre existing, and I am in my mid fifties.

Scarlet

Hi

I would just add that for a relatively young person a cruise cover extension in the UK is often very little extra cost on an annual multi trip policy, for instance I believe it cost me around £80 total for my annual worldwide policy this year, including a cruise extension.

That said, I do not have any significant pre existing, and I am in my mid fifties.

Scarlet

Thanks Scarlet debonaire

I have one pre existing condition ( a common one many people have treated with daily meds ) my wife nil. Can anyone recommend a good insurance provider best quote I have is £158.81 ( for couple ) at present seems alot for 3 weeks insurance cover only ... more than I pay for one years fully comp car insurance!.. I too am in my mid fifties

Edited by cosmics

Well ,mine is with coverforyou, Internet based. I also clicked through via topcash back, for a 10% ( I think) cash back.

I searched initially through something like compare the market or money supermarket, can't remember, then once I had found a policy that suited me, I checked topcashback and they were listed on there.

I went for the annual because it was almost the same premium as 2 weeks!

Hope that all helps!

Scarlet

Well ,mine is with coverforyou, Internet based. I also clicked through via topcash back, for a 10% ( I think) cash back.

I searched initially through something like compare the market or money supermarket, can't remember, then once I had found a policy that suited me, I checked topcashback and they were listed on there.

I went for the annual because it was almost the same premium as 2 weeks!

Hope that all helps!

Scarlet

It does help, thanks. I will take a look at topcash back, for a 10% aspect too