Sandcastle beach drop off

sailaway04

Hi, I will be heading out to sandcastle next spring and had a question about the drop off. I've read from other posters about it and was wondering if it is difficult to navigate. How far out from the beach is the drop off? I'm crusing with my older parents, one with slight mobility issues and wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause a problem. Also, if anyone was there recently, is the beach erosion bad to the point that we should pick some place else? Just looking for a nice day on a beach with food near by. Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's the secret to avoiding the drop off at Sandcastle. Come straight off the stairs by the pool and walk across the beach. Look for the two rock formations just under the water, they should be dead ahead of you. Walk between them and you will find a nice gentle slope with no noticeable drop off.

Enjoy your time here!

Here's the secret to avoiding the drop off at Sandcastle. Come straight off the stairs by the pool and walk across the beach. Look for the two rock formations just under the water, they should be dead ahead of you. Walk between them and you will find a nice gentle slope with no noticeable drop off.

Enjoy your time here!

Drake - We'll be arriving St Croix Monday November 2nd. I've heard about someone called "The Mahogany Guy" who sells carvings located somewhere in the forest. Is this something we should check out and if so what is the best way to get there?

Also what is a good pub for an afternoon break while my wife and her friends go shopping?

Drake - We'll be arriving St Croix Monday November 2nd. I've heard about someone called "The Mahogany Guy" who sells carvings located somewhere in the forest. Is this something we should check out and if so what is the best way to get there?

Also what is a good pub for an afternoon break while my wife and her friends go shopping?

I thought I had already answered this on another thread but I just went and looked and I guess the app ate my reply! Sorry about that!

Anyway I'm not familiar with the mahogany guy so I have no advice there. As far as pubs go The Lost Dog on King Street is a good bet for a good time.

I thought I had already answered this on another thread but I just went and looked and I guess the app ate my reply! Sorry about that!

Anyway I'm not familiar with the mahogany guy so I have no advice there. As far as pubs go The Lost Dog on King Street is a good bet for a good time.

Thanks - I imagine we'll just look for carvings in town and the Lost Dog will be my resting place while the shopping carnage takes place. :D