Port of Miami, Hotels to stay in

kteg1752

You can get a very nice hotel for 100.00 a night either in Miami or FLL with airport shuttle, and then a taxi is around 20-30 bucks from the MIA airport, so could be cheaper depending on where the hotel you are staying at. That brings it under 200.00. Even with a cab back to the airport after the cruise

It appears you cruise in the late summer/fall off peak months. Anything in the peak months of cruising won't be near what you mention. Which is why we always get a date of travel before recommending hotels here. Rates can triple in cost.

Courtyard Miami Airport offers rooms with 2 queen beds for $236 (taxes included) for the night of February 20. There is a complimentary airport shuttle, but a fee for breakfast it appears. The Fairfield Inn has slightly lower prices, with a complimentary airport shuttle, free breakfast, and it also appears they offer a paid shuttle from the hotel to the port.

It appears you cruise in the late summer/fall off peak months. Anything in the peak months of cruising won't be near what you mention. Which is why we always get a date of travel before recommending hotels here. Rates can triple in cost.

I just did a search on element Miami, just because it's the first hotel I thought of, and looked on weekends in December and a cruise package "Rate plan includes one way transportation to the Port of Miami for 2 guests (transportation for each additional person beyond 2 people is $12 per person). Rate plan also includes complimentary breakfast, parking for up to 7 nights and complimentary shuttle service to and from the Miami International" in December on weekends from 150.00. A regular room is 135.00. And I am sure there are other hotels offering similar

In feb things are a little more expensive and a few dates ARE expensive and things are dependent on how far in advance you plan, but I have cruised in February a lot and I have always found deals. And I travel extensively over the holidays and always manage to find hotel deals, so it IS possible

I find it easy to book hotels in advance as long as you get reservations with standard cancellation policies and booking hotels in advance is the best money saving advice I can offer. I say this because I have shot myself on the foot a couple times by not booking in advance but luckily I did survive ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk