Constellation 12th October

jshartime

I've been following the recent threads on port stops in Istanbul, this cruise is scheduled for an overnight in Istanbul, but according to some UK Online TA the overnight is no longer happening and Mykonos as been added to the Itinerary Celebrity website as no change to the Itinerary. I havn't been notified by my TA, I was wondering if anyone travelling on this cruise as been told about the change.

Edited by jshartime

Hi

we are travelling on the same cruise on 18th September - I've just been notified by my TA that we will not be having our overnight stay in Istanbul as originally planned- Instead we are leaving about midnight on 18th and having an additional stop over at Chania in Crete

may be different when you go .......

regards

Hi

we are travelling on the same cruise on 18th September - I've just been notified by my TA that we will not be having our overnight stay in Istanbul as originally planned- Instead we are leaving about midnight on 18th and having an additional stop over at Chania in Crete

may be different when you go .......

regards

My MIL, FIL, SIL and BIL are all on this cruise but they haven't been notified yet. Has this been confirmed by Celebrity? I checked both the Celebrity website and cruising power and they don't list any itinerary changes.

We are taking the Constellation on a B@B and like yours Istanbul is the beginning and the end of part of the one cruise. Was there any word on how quickly they are turning the ship around in Istanbul?

They will have to get people on and off the ship.

It shouldn't be any different than a normal boarding day. Ship clear 7 am all off by 10:30, reboard at 11 leave in afternoon.

We are taking the Constellation on a B@B and like yours Istanbul is the beginning and the end of part of the one cruise. Was there any word on how quickly they are turning the ship around in Istanbul?

They will have to get people on and off the ship.

The Constellation is now leaving Istanbul at 11:00pm on the 12th and arriving back on the 23rd, at 4:30am, just to make absolutely sure we can't see anything because we depart and arrive in the dark. :-(

I received the following text message from Celebrity:

S: Celebrity Constellation Sailing October 12, 2015

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you important information regarding your sailing onboard Celebrity Constellation. As you may be aware, Turkey is experiencing some security concerns. After closely monitoring the situation in Istanbul, we have decided, out of an abundance of caution, to cancel Celebrity Constellation's overnight stay in Istanbul. The ship will now depart Istanbul on October 12 at 11:00pm. Additional information on your itinerary will be provided at check in. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard. To confirm: reply with YES and send.

Is anyone worried about the situation to the point that you are considering canceling your cruise?

I've been following the recent threads on port stops in Istanbul, this cruise is scheduled for an overnight in Istanbul, but according to some UK Online TA the overnight is no longer happening and Mykonos as been added to the Itinerary Celebrity website as no change to the Itinerary. I havn't been notified by my TA, I was wondering if anyone travelling on this cruise as been told about the change.

Yes, as others have said, the overnight on the Oct. 12 cruise out of Istanbul has been changed. The ship will leave Istanbul on Oct. 12 at 11 pm and Oct. 13 is a day at sea. Oct. 14 is Mykonos from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

There is a Roll Call for this cruise - come and join us! Kannna is keeping track of the group and it should be a fun cruise! Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121085

If it doesn't work just search Constellation Roll Calls in cruise critic. See you on board!

- Larry

P.S. - Hi, Curt! Too bad you're not cruising with us this time. Hope we can see you on a future cruise!