Glory-Cozumel and Chitzen Itza tour

moonlily

Hi all,

My DH and I are going on the 12-04 sailing of the Glory.

I had previously gone on the 4-06 sailing with my DD and DM, and we did Chitzen Itza from Progresso. Unfortunately that's no longer an option for the December trip.

Chitzen Itza is a must see if at all possible this time around since we'd like to climb the pyramid together. It's sounding like that won't be possible much longer.

We know it will be a long trip, the excursion website lists it as being 12 hours.

Has anyone done this excursion off the Glory in Cozumel? Just how early did you leave? When did you return to the ship?

Did you miss having dinner in the dining room? Or were you able to make a late seating? Will they change us to a later seating that night if we get stuck with an early seating for the voyage?

Thanks!

Mary

I haven't done the trip to CI from a ship but rather from a hotel, It was one long trip with the prerequisite stop off at an "Arts & Crafts" village where you almost had to buy something, whilst CI is beautiful I climed up the inside of the pyramid and had to come down on my a** as my leg muscles gave in with all the steps and Im only 30 something.

Gerry

Dublin

Ireland:)

I agree it is a must see.

And yes the pyramid can be tricky, inside or out.:)

But we used a private tour company in Coz and flew to the mainland.

We left the ship (Triumph) about 8am and were back on the ship by 3pm.

I'm sorry I can't speak for the excursion through Carnival.

If you don't get any answers you're looking for here, also try the Ports threads for Cozumel.

I hope you get to go climb the pyramid together.

Enjoy the Cruise.:D

Thanks Alisha,

I spoke with my husband and he's actually looking forward to the bus ride. He also thinks it's a great way to see the countryside. At least he won't have to be the driver.

I must admit that we were hoping to get back in time to have dinner in the dining room. But dinner or no, we're going. There's always the buffet. Just not my favorite place for dinner.

I will post a review of this excursion when we get back.

Archived