Refrigerators - Dawn (probably other ships too)

PATRLR

While reading up on the Dawn for our recent cruise I saw a few comments about the refrigerators and the fact that they didn't work too well. A number of folks called them "coolers" and not refrigerators.

I know in our cabin, the problem with the refrigerator was the cabinet it was located in. Refrigerators need good air circulation across their condenser coils (usually located on the back) and the cabinet doesn't allow that circulation even though it has a few vents. All I did was leave that cabinet door wide open (particularly when out of the room) and the refrigerator started working just fine. (we had to tell our steward to leave the cabinet door open).

If you load up a bunch of warm stuff, then please be patient, it might take a day to cool them down. But they should get cold and stay cold.

You may also want to double check the dial inside the unit (if it has one) and make sure it's set to the coldest setting.

If you want to see evidence of my theory, just open the door to that cabinet after it's been closed for a while and notice if you feel the built up heat inside the cabinet. There's no way the refrigerator can dissipate heat from inside the refrigerator with that much heat outside of it.