Scuba and/or Snorkeling to See Coral Recommendations?

CookieDiva

Next April my DH and I will be on the Freedom on our first cruise and our first trip to the Caribbean as well. We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary (it's actually on Sunday - but we're extending the celebration. ) The traditional gift for the 35th is coral - so I thought that I would get my DH an excursion where he could dive or snorkel around coral. Clever, huh?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an excursion where my husband could snorkel or dive and I could just lounge. Or maybe go into a shallow beach area. He's the adventurer. Me - not so much.

Thoughts? The cruise itself is kinda our dual anniversary gift, but I wanted to give him something on the actual date.

Next April my DH and I will be on the Freedom on our first cruise and our first trip to the Caribbean as well. We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary (it's actually on Sunday - but we're extending the celebration. ) The traditional gift for the 35th is coral - so I thought that I would get my DH an excursion where he could dive or snorkel around coral. Clever, huh?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an excursion where my husband could snorkel or dive and I could just lounge. Or maybe go into a shallow beach area. He's the adventurer. Me - not so much.

Thoughts? The cruise itself is kinda our dual anniversary gift, but I wanted to give him something on the actual date.

Well I'd do the Champagne Catamaran excursion to St John. Here's a description:

"Your relaxing fun-filled day begins with a short scenic ride to a quaint marina where you’ll board the catamaran. At the marina dock, your friendly crew will greet you and acquaint you with the vessel. Glide along the eastern end of the island before setting sail to the most pristine of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The brisk sail across Pillsbury Sound brings you to a special mooring destination where you can swim on a beautiful St. John beach, snorkel or simply relax under the palms. Enjoy freshly baked breads, cheeses, fruits, and a variety of beverages onboard. Champagne and other beverages are complimentary after swimming and snorkeling. After your relaxing stay at the beach, delight in the tropical breezes as you make the downwind return sail to St. Thomas. "

Even better, most of the time the beach on St. John is Honeymoon Beach;) Most of the snorkeling spots are coral reefs & this one is a beauty.

It is very popular with cruisers & vacationers alike. Don't know about the feasibility of booking it independently if you are on a ship.