WaaaaHoooo Carnival returning to Mobile

vancelot

We also cruised out of Mobile once, and are looking forward to it again..the drive to New Orleans is too far for us to be willing to do again...Does anyone know about WHEN they will officially announce? (Carnival, that is)...I don't trust the Mobile officials, since they drove Carnival out to begin with....

We also cruised out of Mobile once, and are looking forward to it again..the drive to New Orleans is too far for us to be willing to do again...Does anyone know about WHEN they will officially announce? (Carnival, that is)...I don't trust the Mobile officials, since they drove Carnival out to begin with....

End of this week or early next week. There's another social chat group that is called Mobile Carnival Cruisers. You should Google them and join us.

• 2 weeks later...
You could, but it would be mighty pricey. We drive.

vw

I noticed that airfare to Mobile from Dayton OH is twice the price than to NOLA or Houston! That's what made me question if I was looking at the right airport. I guess I'll have to consider one of those ports instead, as it'd be a loooong drive for us. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I noticed that airfare to Mobile from Dayton OH is twice the price than to NOLA or Houston! That's what made me question if I was looking at the right airport. I guess I'll have to consider one of those ports instead, as it'd be a loooong drive for us. Thanks!

Yup, it's a two day drive for us to almost any port. (day and a half to Charleston) Flying ain't the fun it used to be, so for me it's a hassle trade off.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that if I book far enough ahead, I can find some pretty reasonable rates in and out of Mobile. Other alternatives are flying into Pensacola, FL or Gulfport, MS where you will usually find cheaper rates. Drive from Pensacola or Gulfport are both around a 60 mile drive.