Barrier Reef excursion with RCI

FinallyCruisinIn2014

Wanted to get feedback on this excursion with RCI passengers specifically.

The reviews are saying the boat ride there is either 1.5 hours or 45 minutes - lol that's a big difference! Anyone have experience with it?

I'm a bit concerned with ocean conditions the beginning of January. Do you think we need to worry that the water will be rough? Is it historically at that time of year?

Also, if we take the 8:30 excursion and get back to the ship by 12:30/1:00 will that leave us time to then take the a tender over to the mainland and check out the mainland alittle bit. I believe we leave port at 6 that day so it sounds like it should be plenty of time. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it.

Wanted to get feedback on this excursion with RCI passengers specifically.

The reviews are saying the boat ride there is either 1.5 hours or 45 minutes - lol that's a big difference! Anyone have experience with it?

I'm a bit concerned with ocean conditions the beginning of January. Do you think we need to worry that the water will be rough? Is it historically at that time of year?

Also, if we take the 8:30 excursion and get back to the ship by 12:30/1:00 will that leave us time to then take the a tender over to the mainland and check out the mainland alittle bit. I believe we leave port at 6 that day so it sounds like it should be plenty of time. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it.

We did the Barrier Reef Snorkeling Wonders - BE31 with Navigator of the Seas last week. We loved it! Our excursion was for 11:30am and the tender picks you up right at your ship. It was about 45 minutes to the island. The water was pretty calm which could account for the difference in time. We booked the night before at 11pm after confirming the next days weather and thankfully it was not booked up and we got a spot. Once on the island, they ask you to join either beginner, intermediate or advanced. We were intermediate so can't speak on the rest. It was AMAZING!! We brought our Go Pro and our own snorkle mask and snorkle. They provide the fins. Once in the water, where was two staff in the water directing, giving information, diving down to bring up interesting things like a star fish. There was another staff on a kayak. We spent about an hour in the water and I found that was enough. Back on the island for about 1.5 hours to swim on the beach, snorkel from the beach or lie in the sun or shade. They sell burgers, etc. so bring money. We never did and just waiting till we got back to eat on the ship. Back around 3pm, grabbed some money and quick sandwiches and caught the 3:30 tender to the port to do some quick looking around and get my daughter her Belize bracelet. Back on the 4:30 tender back to the ship.

If you have a morning excursion and want to tender to the port to look around for the afternoon, you should have time to do that.