Pre pay dsc?

Greciangirl

I booked last year when the dsc was 12.95 pp. Received the first email when they raised dsc stating as long as i pre paid prior to sailing my dsc rate was protected. Then when they raised dsc the second time i received another email stating my dsc rate (haven) would be protected if paid before final payment. So my question is can i go by the first email or do i go by the second email. Final payment is in a few weeks. Has anyone experienced this situation?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by Greciangirl

I booked last year when the dsc was 12.95 pp. Received the first email when they raised dsc stating as long as i pre paid prior to sailing my dsc rate was protected. Then when they raised dsc the second time i received another email stating my dsc rate (haven) would be protected if paid before final payment. So my question is can i go by the first email or do i go by the second email. Final payment is in a few weeks. Has anyone experienced this situation?

When you booked, DSC was $12pppd regardless of cabin category, the first raise was to $12.95pppd for regular cabins and to $14.95pppd for suites.

If you have not cancelled/rebooked, you can still pay $12pppd, just go to MyNCL and do it there or if the option is not available, call NCL or your TA.

I understand i can prepay prior to final payment but i was wondering if my rates would still be protected after final payment but before sailing. You are right my rate currently is 12.00 pp

No, it not as per the 2nd email - So if you want the old rates to need to pay before final payment or else you'll have to pay the new rates.

Have you experienced this?

I got the emails for this year's ($12 per day), which for that trip, the 1 email change stated I had until before sail date to lock in (prepay) the rate or else pay the new(old rate of $12.95). Then I got the 2nd email for the this years plus next year's trip ($12.95 per day), that one stated had until final payment or else pay the new rate of $13.50 afterwards. That 2nd email was for both trips (well, technically 4 - next year is 3 B2B).

It was a big hoopla over that 2nd email in the forums - Dunno if the threads got deleted but alot people were upset over the final payment deadline because some people were past it on their upcoming trips this years and got locked in for the $13.50 / $15.50 rate due to that.

I understand i can prepay prior to final payment but i was wondering if my rates would still be protected after final payment but before sailing.
You have it in writing that the rate is protected until final payment. Anything beyond that, you are taking a chance. Even if someone tells you that they were able to pre-pay $12 the day before their cruise, there is no guarantee that they won't change the website by the time your cruise comes around. But in the worst case, if your pre-pay rate goes up, you can always wait to pay on board and ask the front desk to reduce the charge to $12/day. So you are not really risking anything by waiting.

I have it in writing both ways. i.e before sailing and before final payment. I dont have the ability to pay it online now though. I keep getting a message it cant be displayed and to call them that just started happening this week. Up until then it wad still showing the 12.00 pp rate

I have it in writing both ways. i.e before sailing and before final payment. I dont have the ability to pay it online now though. I keep getting a message it cant be displayed and to call them that just started happening this week. Up until then it wad still showing the 12.00 pp rate

You'll get opinion here, this is probably best to take up directly with NCL. I hope you get the desired outcome.

I thought my email indicated that I had to pay prior to 3/1 to keep my $12. I did so and just completed the trip on Saturday. I didn't get the emails you reference.

I'm cruising 11/8.. Booked back in February.. Per NCL I have the option to prepay our DSC at the 12$ per person per day as long as we prepay them up until 24 hours prior to our departure. Regardless of the 2 rate increases since our original booking date.. If we choose not to prepay then we will have to pay the new increased DSC on board at the new rate, again per NCL when I paid our final payment back at the end of August.

Thank you! That was my understanding but i wanted to double check as my final payment is coming up next week.

No problem, I tripled check called 3x and always got the same answer. We will be prepaying them within the few days before we depart and we will lock in at the 12$ by calling them into NCL, since my prepayment option is no longer there under MYNCL.

Great! Would you mind posting again after you pre pay? Just so i know they followed thru with their promise.

Yes, I will try and remember too... Lol... My next cruise is booked on Carnival, but I do come on NCL's site time to time.. [emoji6]

I booked my 2/1/16 cruise back in December. I paid off my cruise yesterday along with my DSC, the rate was $12.00 per day. I did not have the option to pay it directly on NCL's website but was able to pre-pay thru my travel agent. Now on myncl total amount paid shows $360 for my mom, husband and myself. Final payment for me is 9/24/15.

I have it in writing both ways. i.e before sailing and before final payment.
I was in the same situation as you about a week ago (booked in February, received the two e-mails about the two increases, option to pre-pay became unavailable on-line a week before final payment). Normally I would have waited until a few days before the cruise, but my credit card was offering extra cashback points in August, so it was worth it to pay earlier. So I called and had it added to my invoice for final payment.

If you don't feel like pre-paying this far in advance, don't do it. You have that first e-mail that says you can pre-pay (with no additional time frame specified, so one can assume that means anytime before sailing, not necessarily before final payment), so you can always use that to claim the $12 rate. But sooner or later you will have to call them, if the option never comes back on-line (or if it comes back, but it wants you to pay the higher rate).

• 3 weeks later...