Reflection Dining

beej210

We are booked on Reflection on Nov 14th doing eastern carib with that sailing being one of the top chef sailings. Haven't been on X in a long time, but are very much a foodie.

Here are my questions:

1. Is Blu worth a $400 cabin upgrade over MDR? Already booked in concierge class

2. Which nights are the best in the MDR? Does anyone have recent menus? The most recent I could find are from March 2013

3. Is the unlimited speciality dining at $29/day worth it?

Blu in the Reflection is our least favorite of all. The tables are closer together and the staff is responsible for more diners. We have had long meals there and not by our choice. I would take the money and dine several evenings at the Specialty Restaurants with the savings.

Aqua does have other perks like the Persian Gardens, free daily bottled water, etc. but I would stay with Concierge class.

We are booked on Reflection on Nov 14th doing eastern carib with that sailing being one of the top chef sailings. Haven't been on X in a long time, but are very much a foodie.

Here are my questions:

1. Is Blu worth a $400 cabin upgrade over MDR? Already booked in concierge class

2. Which nights are the best in the MDR? Does anyone have recent menus? The most recent I could find are from March 2013

3. Is the unlimited speciality dining at $29/day worth it?

We have stayed in Aqua cabins and have enjoyed Blu, even on the Reflection. However, we would not pay a $400 cabin upgrade to be in Blu over MDR. We use $200 or less as our breaking point. We haven't eaten in MDR for years, so can't answer #2 for you. I guess we've been lucky and usually snag a reasonable upgrade rate to Aqua before sailing. On our last cruise the difference in rates between CC and Aqua paid for our Unlimiting Dining package, which we thought was great! We didn't realize it when we booked, but this package also includes lunch when the specialty restaurants are open. We thought it was well worth the $29 per day.

Edited by kathynorth