which feels less crowded Breeze OR Splendor?

rdevine10

Hi all-

I know all the amenities the Breeze has over the Splendor but just looking for opinions on the following:

1. Which feels less crowded? (Lido and pools) - our kids like to swim some. It was IMPOSSIBLE on our Sunshine cruise to swim at all (even at night). Huge disappointment. Kids are willing to forgo waterworks, ropes course etc if the Splendor has a less crowded feel. My thoughts are the Splendor it will feel like a Conquest Class ship? But I cannot compare the Breeze to anything so... I need some help please!

2. Which offers decent shade seating around the Lido area?

Many thanks....

I am going to provided you with my opinion since you don't seem to be getting any answers.

I have sailed the Magic 3 times which is a sister ship to the Breeze. And while I haven't sailed the Splendor I have 3 trips on Conquest class ships. All of these trips have been in since September 2011.

The Splendor is the same size as the Conquest class ships (952ftX 125ft) but has slightly lower capacity(3734 vs 3756).

Using this information I can tell you our sailings on the Magic always seems to have long lines on the Lido for food and the pools are always jam packed. On the Conquest class ships things were less crowded, much more relaxed. No lines, plenty of loungers empty near the pools.

Now to be very fair, all the Magic sailings were in September and were 7 days and the other three used in this comparison were in September 7 day, November 8day repo, and February 12 day repo.

Have a wonderful memory filled trip whichever ship you sail.

I just sailed the Splendor followed by the Breeze 3 months later. The Splendor by far was the more comfortable ship in my opinion. That being said you will have the "newer,bigger,= better" people chiming in.

The Splendor pools were not great but the Breeze pools were pathetic and had so many people in them. Food lines were a lot longer on the Breeze as well.

The Breeze lists a passenger capacity of about 3660, but at peak times it will have up to 4700 PAX. In the off season when there are less than 4000 people on board you will probably not feel crowded. Avoid the Dream class during high demand times. The Splendor can also have a larger passenger during peak times, but the increase is not as great and will probably never feel as crowded as a full Dream class ship can feel.