Formal Night with kids?

bakery

I got my boys matching button down shirts & ties (with whales on them -- so appropriate! :) ) from Lands End Overstocks. Very reasonable, I think the silk ties were $9.99 and the shrits were about $12.99. They will wear khaki pants & blue blazers (hand me down for the younger one) with the shirts & ties, which is their typical "dress up" outfits. I just have to get them shoes, they've grown out of all of their dress shoes.

I will definitely have the boys with us for Thanksgiving formal dinner; we'll see about the other formal dinner -- for my younger DS, it will depend on his temperament that day!

You can get a new tux for boys on ebay for $20 or so. They are so cute. Click on ebay then do a search by Tuxedo then further by infants/toddlers or boys.

What a great tip! I just found a fantastic little tux. My little man can dress up just like daddy (minus the beard...)

My girls we ages 14 and 17 when we sailed on Carnival Glory last Jan. They absolutely LOVED formal nights and dressed like princesses and were right in their 'glory'. DH and I are cruising again in DEC on RCCL Legend and they so want to go again. Not this time, girls.

Kathy in Maine

My DD 12 and DGD 11 already have been shoppin the sales racks for formal night and they aren't cruising until Dec 2006! They bought dresses one size to big so they can grow into them- I hope not out of them! They even found shoes to go with the dresses. Now all they need are shaws to cover those spagetti straps!

Archived