booking Belize tours through Carnival?

sausimayok

Hi,

I am trying to book a tour for Belize through the Carnival website but all I can get is the Beach Break. I can get all the tours for all the other ports but not what I want in Belize. Does this mean all the tours in Belize are already booked. We aren't cruising until the first of January on the Miracle. I can't imagine that they are booked. Any help would be great. I have emailed Carnival with no reply as of yet.

Thanks for any help,

Brenda

Do yourself a favor & don't book through Carnival. You will pay more & get less for the excursions. I know we did the cave tubing through Coral Breeze, we went through two caves and also had lunch included for $30.00 less then teh Carnival tour, we also had about 400 less people in our group. I know that there are a few other reputable companies that offer a variety of tours to book in Belize.

What tour were you looking to book?

Hi,

I am trying to book a tour for Belize through the Carnival website but all I can get is the Beach Break. I can get all the tours for all the other ports but not what I want in Belize. Does this mean all the tours in Belize are already booked. We aren't cruising until the first of January on the Miracle. I can't imagine that they are booked. Any help would be great. I have emailed Carnival with no reply as of yet.

Thanks for any help,

Brenda

Don't feel bad Brenda, we sail right after you do, and our Belize excursions don't show up yet either. I'm sure it has something to do with them changing days for the port and not having all the tour contracts back in yet.

I personally like the security of booking our excursions through Carnival. I'm sure there are good independent operators out there, but especially in a tender port, I don't want to have to worry about something happening and getting back late and having to wave bye-bye to the ship from the dock. It's hard to put a price on peace of mind...

Hi,

Thanks for any help,

Brenda

BRENDA, THEY WERE UP FOR A SHORT TIME AND THEN THEY DISAPPEARED AGAIN. THEY WILL BE BACK BUT IM NOT SURE WHEN!! HERE IS WHO WE ARE USING IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A LOOK.

WWW.CORALBREEZELIMITED.COM

Brenda,

I just got off the valor (i posted a review) and you do not want to do the cave tubing through carnival. I went with X-stream -- most of the people that had a blast went through them or coral breeze. Carnival will try to terrorize you -- that they will leave you behind.. etc. etc... blah blah blah.... but you have plenty of time to do the excursion my ship was late... i didn't tender off till like 10:30 ship time... and we departed to the caves at 11am did 2 cave systems... explored a dry cave.... and had lunch (which was yummy) and still had 30 to 40 minutes shopping time....

Dont let other poster scare you from booking with the cruise line. We also book thru the ship because of the peace of mind. I know we pay a little more but it is worth it to me and th hubby. We are doing the cave tubing in October with carnival. (Hurry up and get here October 8).

Michele

We booked all our tours with independent companies and they will ensure that you are well taken care of and will have you back to the ship on time. This is their business, this is what they do. Just think of the reputation/loss of business one would have otherwise. Word gets around fast.

We booked our cave tour in Belize with Yhony with cave-tubing.com

They come highly recommended.

I have been cruising for years, always book through independent tour guides. This is their business. One falied mission & they wouldn't have a company any more.

If you read about these excursions on this web site or any other message board you will see the millions of people that use these reputable companies.

I haven't ever read a post where someone missed the ship because of a reputable tour guide. Usually it's because they drank too much at Fat Tuesdays ;)

Coral breeze is owned by a man that lives in Maryland.

If you book a morning tour you will have plenty of time to get back to the ship.

When we went past the CCL people cave tubing I knew that we had made the right decision. I don't even know how they got down the river all in that big group. Couldn't have been much fun.

You are really missing the boat by booking through the cruiselines.

I just got back from the Valor and used cavetubing.com with Yhonny for the cave tubing in Belize. We had a great experience and had three guides plus a "guide in training" for around 24 of us. Most of the time we traveled down the river in chains of six people with a guide leading each chain. The guides knew where the rough parts of the river were and when to steer right or left around tricky spots.

Our tablemates went with Carnival and enjoyed the cave tubing and their lunch, but traveled through one cave instead of two and were left to float down the river on their own with very little guidance. Several of them said they had very scary experiences and got flipped out of their tubes, caught in the current, scratched by branches they couldn't get away from, and of course hit their butts on the shallow part of the river. (Yhonny's t-shirts have "butts up" as their slogan on the back and I must say that it was very appropriate since we frequently passed the message back during the ride and never once were unexpectely "bumped" during our ride.)

I would NOT take children on the Carnival tour if their results were typical!!! I'm sure a strong swimmer would be ok on any tour. On our tour we had some nonswimmers who did fine because of lots of attention from the guides.

I figure if a single independant tour missed the cruise ship we would hear about it right away and be warned not to book with them, their livelyhoods depend on succeeding every time and they do! We were first time cruisers and tried to learn from the advice on this board, we had great success with all tours recommended on cruise critic. Paying essentially half price for an equal or better tour was nice too...

Thanks to you all. We have booked tours through the cruiseline and independant companies. My husband and son want to do the Canapy Lost World tour, the zip line thing. I haven't read any comemnts on independant companies, so I thought that I had better book this through Carnival. I pulled up the Belize tours and all I got was the Beach Break. If any of you know who to book this through and if they are reliable, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks for all the help,

Brenda

I booked cave tubing with Reggie of A-1 Tours. He was fantastic. Here is the link: http://www.regtour.com/index.htm

He gave us a nice tour of Belize City on the way. He and his son run the tour- two caves- butts up- everything you have seen on this thread. If for some reason he is booked, there are many, many cave tour operators waiting at the tender dock.

Good luck!

Sometimes independents are fine ... BUT NOT ALWAYS!

Do take a couple of minutes and read this review by "Midgetized" (on a Carnival ship in Belize) who booked an INDEPENDENT excursion:

Cave Tubing in Belize ... within review (click here)

So I can't imagine how the CCL people handled this bad weather with all the people they take on their excursions.

We did the cave tubing and didn't realize how looooooooong we had to hike through the jungle to get to the river. I did, however, confirm that I am ADD because about half way through the river journey, I was bored and ready to try something else....! There were some older folks in our group who really had a ball - including one lady who was 86!

I think whether or not to go with a ship's excursion or a private excursion is strictly a personal decision. They both have their pros and cons and only the individual can decide what is best for them. I have yet to see anyone on this board who did BOTH the ship's excursion and a private tour, so I don't think they can compare an experience they have not had.

I do appreciate the recommendations of reputable private operators for those that choose that option. However, I don't really appreciate the constant put downs of ship's tours. We have taken both private excursions and ship's tours in different ports and I have been happy with both.

In the case of Belize, we chose a ship's tour due to the distance from the port. Even though the likelihood of any problem is small with a private tour, for us it wasn't worth the additional stress. We totally enjoyed our trip with Carnival. We felt well supervised and got all the help we needed. I felt the trip through the one cave was long enough for me. I appreciated traveling with a larger group and enjoyed the camraderie. So, to each his own.

I have yet to see anyone on this board who did BOTH the ship's excursion and a private tour, so I don't think they can compare an experience they have not had.

I do appreciate the recommendations of reputable private operators for those that choose that option. However, I don't really appreciate the constant put downs of ship's tours. We have taken both private excursions and ship's tours in different ports and I have been happy with both.

So, to each his own.

Well, I have. When I first starting cruising, before I started reading CC, I always used ship's tours. I didn't even realize you could book a private tour.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this message board.

Sorry you don't appreciate the constant "put downs", I call the reviews, of the ship's tours but we are just expressing "our" opinions. too. I always feel like I get more for my money with the private tour JMO.

We did the cave tubing and didn't realize how looooooooong we had to hike through the jungle to get to the river. I did, however, confirm that I am ADD because about half way through the river journey, I was bored and ready to try something else....! There were some older folks in our group who really had a ball - including one lady who was 86!

I can see how it would be boring when the rapids aren't moving along fast enough.

I did enjoy the hike more then I thought I would. I think it was because of our guide. He talked the whole way up about all the different vegetation, animals and other Belizian facts. Made teh trip a lot more interesting.

Thanks to you all. We have booked tours through the cruiseline and independant companies. My husband and son want to do the Canapy Lost World tour, the zip line thing. I haven't read any comemnts on independant companies, so I thought that I had better book this through Carnival. I pulled up the Belize tours and all I got was the Beach Break. If any of you know who to book this through and if they are reliable, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks for all the help,

Brenda

FANCY MEETING YOU HERE!:p IF I HAVE NOT ALREADY MENTIONED IT, WE ARE USING www.coralbreezelimited.com

Archived