Business Class Upgrade?

emckeeve

Does anyone know if Oceanic offers business class upgrades?

On a few cruises it was offered, as when we went to South America.. but cost was about $2900 p/p extra.

Plus biz class seats are trans -Atlantic only ,so say you are flying from Los Angeles to NY to Rome.. then your LA to NY would be coach and from NY to Rome would be biz same on reverse. Not so wonderful ..

plus was able to buy biz class seats for less than $2400 per person all the way.. so took the air credit ;-) you gotta shop around.

"so say you are flying from Los Angeles to NY to Rome.. then your LA to NY would be coach and from NY to Rome would be biz same on reverse."

However, there are nonstop flights from the West Coast to Europe. I have never had to stop in NY on the way to Europe. I always do my own air arrangements and use FF points to upgrade to Business.

I had asked about that too--and got a quote that was nearly three thousand dollars per person---YES PER PERSON!!! Adding insult to injury was the explanation that this ONLY applies to flights that are OVER WATER as in the literal definition of OVER SEAS. I think I've finally stopped choking over this information...cough cough.

Oceania will accomodate requests for upgrades. According to Oceania, you will be charged the airline carrier's difference in price between the Business Class fare and the Economy (deeply discounted) fare.

I fly to Europe quite frequently, and the cost differential is always extreme. For instance, I usually can fly to London from the east coast for around $300 - $750 roundtrip. The same flight in Business Class used to be around $3500 EACH WAY, but has since come down to around $3000 - $5000 roundtrip. You can get specials on First/business class if you shop around and get that down to close to $2000. This is just an example of the difference in fares.

The issue is not with Oceania...they are simply passing along the extra cost to you. The comment that the upgrade would cost close to $3000 is quite understandable.

I only pay Business class fares when My company pays for it!!! Otherwise I use FF miles to sit in the comfy seats

I only pay Business class fares when My company pays for it!!! Otherwise I use FF miles to sit in the comfy seats

We've flown 1st class to Europe thanks to FF miles several times in the past but this year we're working on less mileage credits than ever before and the cost/availability is higher than ever too. I used to tell everyone that the FF miles represented hours that my husband wasn't home due to business and that this was a nice reward but I'd rather have him around more. Well, this year I got my wish--and now we're working on whatever way we can to figure out what's worth spending our money for. It's always better when someone else is paying for it.

I do admit though, that the Oceania upcharge would be more reasonable ONLY if it applied to the entire flight, not just the overseas part. It's not likely to change so I'm going to see what we can work out on our own before we call and ask for any deviations since someone wrote in and said that they were charged just for inquiring about choices for deviations.

Archived