Cella

cella

I just returned from the September 6, 2005 sailing of the Liberty. It was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were spacious and the beds were freshly made up with white comforters. We had cabin 1221, which has two portholes, located at the front of the ship. We had no problems with waves. It was smooth sailing. We made reservations at Harry's Supper Club for 2 nights. It was very good. I would make my reservations as soon as I board the ship. The restaurants booked very fast. All of the bars were decorated very lovely. We ate at the Fish and Chips bar which was very good. They served fried Zucchini and onion fritters, fried oysters, and white fish. The Deli was great, they served Reuban, hot turkey, tuna and pastrami sandwiches. We ate at alternative dining a few times, not a big selection and the food

OK, not a big selection of food or desserts. They served tiramasu everynight. It was more of a pudding. The sushi bar was very good. I missed the smoked salmon for breakfast usually served on other ships. The cabin steward was very nice and kept the room very nice. We dined several times at our late sitting dining room which was the olympian silver. They are quite busy and the service is somewhat slow.

We booked our excursions online and canceled the Gondola ride. There are Gondola's everywhere for a cheaper price than $99 per person, more like

$99 for two. The Gondola ride is only like a hour not 3 hours as indicated by

carnival. If you have any physical problems, please read the excursions very

carefully. On the Sorrento, Capri and Pompeii tour we had several people drop out and caught cabs back to the ship, it is a lot of walking. The highlights of

Venice was also a lot of walking. We saw people in wheelchairs and canes barely making it, I was very concerned and spoke to carnival about this problem.

John the Cruise Director was very funny, I read in some reviews that some critics did not like him. I found him very entertaining.

We did a post cruise and stayed in the Cicerone Hotel, we had a bad view. But the hotel was ok. The front desk staff was not very friendly. The Vatican and St. Peters was within walking distance from the Hotel. We did a tour and ventured out on our own. I would say that was a great trip and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Archived