Carnival Gift Cards - Yes! and then No!

richfret

Went to the AARP and VERIZON web sites and there it was: Carnival Gift Cards. Oh Boy .......Oh Boy! Went to the Purchase Site and there is was: "SOLD OUT STUPID!". Well, actually, they didn't say stupid but that is how I felt. I had actually tried this morning and no cards were available so they must have introduced "The" card in the afternoon. I almost get the feeling that the same outfit is handling AARP and Verizon since the formats are nearly identical once you get into the program. Might help explain why there are so few cards available. I also think they want you to keep coming to their sites and if you can't get the gift cards, you will buy some thing else. They wouldn't do that ................Would they? Oh well, back to the drawing board. I wonder if I should try again at 2 am. ................... Naw!

Went to the AARP and VERIZON web sites and there it was: Carnival Gift Cards. Oh Boy .......Oh Boy! Went to the Purchase Site and there is was: "SOLD OUT STUPID!". Well, actually, they didn't say stupid but that is how I felt. I had actually tried this morning and no cards were available so they must have introduced "The" card in the afternoon. I almost get the feeling that the same outfit is handling AARP and Verizon since the formats are nearly identical once you get into the program. Might help explain why there are so few cards available. I also think they want you to keep coming to their sites and if you can't get the gift cards, you will buy some thing else. They wouldn't do that ................Would they? Oh well, back to the drawing board. I wonder if I should try again at 2 am. ................... Naw!

I also believe they are handled by the same rewards company. They are on Allstate rewards as well and today they popped up at the same time and sold out at the same time. I think there is a set number that is distributed to all three reward sites (and probably others) and it's first come, first serve, regardless of which company you access it through.

They do appear to be distributed at the same but I have never had a problem getting them over the past few months I have been able to purchase several.

Bought another one yesterday as a matter of fact. They became available around 2pm and I purchased mine at 3pm so they did not sell out instantly.

I just checked. They are available right now.

Timing for your post is 11:20 am. I checked Verizon and AARP at 12 noon and they are sold out. Must be their ONLY gift card was sold. The Royal Caribbean gift cards remain as they have for the last couple of weeks. Food for thought!

Royal Caribbean is offering gift certificates. Much different from the gift cards with very limited use. They do sell out of those but not nearly as fast.

I know it can be frustrating, but my motto is just keep checking. I was able to get enough to cover 2 cabins plus $1500 in obc. It took months but I was able to get them. Check early a.m. then around noon everyday. Plug your CC information in ahead of time. You'll get lucky. I got one yesterday starting on next year's cruise. Many more to go.

What happens if you purchase these cards and then decide to cancel your cruise. Do you get your money back for the cards, or can you use them for something else?

These cards are like any other gift cards you might buy for say Olive Garden or Target. While I don't know for sure how long the value remains on the cards, once it is bought you can't return it. The upside is that like Target or Olive Garden, if you decide to not use it now, you can of course use it later.

Edited by jdcml

What happens if you purchase these cards and then decide to cancel your cruise. Do you get your money back for the cards, or can you use them for something else?

Q: Does my Carnival Gift Card expire?

A: Standard gift cards have no expiration date. Promotional gift cards may carry an expiration date which will be printed on the front of the gift card.

Cash Back, Card Returns and Return of Merchandise

Q: Can I receive a refund on funds I have placed on my Carnival Gift Card?

A: No, gift cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Gift cards are redeemable for cruise reservation or onboard spending only and there is no cash back.

You can read the complete faq here

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2004/~/carnival-gift-cards---frequently-asked-questions

Edited by DaytonCruiser