Chips and Salsa on Sunshine

laurie1187

I wish they would add them to the menu, as I love chips and salsa and they have such good salsas. :(

Fresh salsa can be fairly expensive to make, and bowls for dipping chips can produce a lot of waste. I would bet that in addition to chips being tough to keep fresh in the sea air, they don't offer them specifically so people don't use the salsas as a dip- but as a topping.

I've heard so much good commentary on the salsa, I am definitely getting the thin crispy tortilla chips from costo .... the BIG bag and taking that along on my upcoming cruise! I'll bring a few baggies and just take a baggie full with us when we go to eat at the Cantina!

I can't speak for Sunshine, but on Pride and Freedom the size of the salsa containers was limited. Definitely designed to be a topping for the tacos and burritos served.

Yeah if they have to refill those small containers too often on the cruise you will probably see the more exotic offerings eliminated.

Fresh salsa can be fairly expensive to make, and bowls for dipping chips can produce a lot of waste. I would bet that in addition to chips being tough to keep fresh in the sea air, they don't offer them specifically so people don't use the salsas as a dip- but as a topping.

FWIW ships that still have the grill have tortilla chips.