Linking Dinner Reservations -- help (ugh!)

holty

So my extended family is on the same Cruise on the Allure. 3 different rooms. We booked with two different cruise consolidators and have selected mytime dining.

We've been told there's no way to link our dinner reservations at all by RCL (so we have to have 3 different table reservations) -- I have a hard time believing that is the case. Any advise on what to do so we can be seated and reserve a dining time together for one table?

Regards,

Holty :)

Edited by holty

Call them back, don't be wordy. Just say I'm calling to link my travel companions together for the evening meal and give the person the 3 booking #'s. Or have the Ta do it. Still a problem, you might be booked as part of a group

Edited by setsail

I currently have 4 reservations linked to my booking for dinner purposes. Two of them were easier than others, but each party had to give confirmation to have the reservations linked. One of the reservations was part of a group booking and she got her travel agent to call RCL to link the bookings. It definitely can be done!

I booked through RCCL online, so it was easier to get them all linked together with 3 cabins. I am sorry but I can't remember if it linked the 3 together automatically or what. I paid for two cabins and the 3rd was another couple. I do know that if you reserved thru a TA, then I think they have control over the reservation. We usually book thru TA but decided to try it ourselves and have more control. Also, we are crown and anchor and I may have called their number and had them link the reservations. Once that is done, you can put all 3 cabins together for dining by having their reservation numbers and name of one of the people.

Edited by trihawks1

Send an email to rcldining at rccl.com with the ship, date, reservation numbers/last names. They might be able to help...

BUT... you have MyTime dining, so I'm not sure how that is handled as far as reservation numbers, etc. They don't pre-assign tables I don't think. MyTime would likely be much more flexible than MDR and able to easily handle it once you are on board.

Edited by AustinCruise

So my extended family is on the same Cruise on the Allure. 3 different rooms. We booked with two different cruise consolidators and have selected mytime dining.

We've been told there's no way to link our dinner reservations at all by RCL (so we have to have 3 different table reservations) -- I have a hard time believing that is the case. Any advise on what to do so we can be seated and reserve a dining time together for one table?

Regards,

Holty :)

Holty, with My time dining reservations the reservations in the group, are not able to be linked. My time dining will only seat 10 guests at a given time, if your party is larger than 10 and you would like to dine together call 1-800-398-9819 and split your group into less than 10 and make 2 reservations for 2 tables, as there are not tables larger than 10, so you will be seated a two tables either way. To make the reservations you will need all of the reservation numbers.

Group reservations cannot be linked automatically. Each cabin needs their TA to call Royal and tell the to add the fact that they consent to being linked to the other cabins (give them the names and cabin numbers) in the notes for their reservation. Then one of the TAs should be able to call and get them all linked. I have been through this.

But as someone else said, if you have My Time, this really is not a problem or an issue. People who are not linked ask to be sat together all the time for My Time. I've also done this many, many, many times.