5 adults, 2 balconies or 2 BR haven Breakaway?

Luvcruzing2

Good Morning everyone. I'm trying to figure this out and really need help to make up my mind. We are currently booked in two balcony rooms for the five of us (DH, DS, DS, DD and myself). Looking online at the NCL website and a few youtube videos of rooms on the Breakaway, I am thinking that the two balconies are the way to go, but someone mentioned the 2-BR haven. I would like opinions from anyone who has been in both. Right now, I should mention that the 2 balconies are connected, so in reality, we have two bathrooms and two bedrooms for everyone. Is there extra room in the 2-BR haven? The cost for the haven would be very much higher. My husband and I currently have the UBP and the kids have the UDP. I know we would get all 4 promos etc if we were in the haven. It's just that the haven doesn't seem bigger to me. Am I missing something (besides the perks)?

The perks. The Haven room will have a very large master bedroom which will sleep 2. Then the 2nd bedroom is smaller than an inside cabin but should sleep 2 on the pullout couch and 1 above them on a bunk. The living room couch should sleep 1 or 2 but then people would have to tiptoe around them. If you don't think the Haven perks (plus all 4 promos) are worth it to you, stick with the 2 balconies.

We did the 2 bedroom on the Jewel - similar lineup of people. My parents, me (40), my sis (37) & bro (30). It worked for us as the 3 of us crammed into the 2nd bedroom. It wasn't bad - we've shared a cabin with the 3 of us before and we had the extra living area space & Haven to go to if we felt crowded. I should add that I think the 2nd bedroom in Jewel class is slightly bigger than on Breakaway but not sure.

Edited by khaide612

I would definitely take the haven the perks and the private lounge, private dining, VIP treatment and own sun beds and small pool area make it much more relaxing so you won't have to fight the masses for pool chairs, dining, etc. Breakfast and lunch in the Haven restaurant is the best onboard. I have done the haven 3x and won't go on NCL without it.

The perks. The Haven room will have a very large master bedroom which will sleep 2. Then the 2nd bedroom is smaller than an inside cabin but should sleep 2 on the pullout couch and 1 above them on a bunk. The living room couch should sleep 1 or 2 but then people would have to tiptoe around them. If you don't think the Haven perks (plus all 4 promos) are worth it to you, stick with the 2 balconies.

We did the 2 bedroom on the Jewel - similar lineup of people. My parents, me (40), my sis (37) & bro (30). It worked for us as the 3 of us crammed into the 2nd bedroom. It wasn't bad - we've shared a cabin with the 3 of us before and we had the extra living area space & Haven to go to if we felt crowded. I should add that I think the 2nd bedroom in Jewel class is slightly bigger than on Breakaway but not sure.

I'd agree with this, however, I'd also add one difference. With the two balcony rooms you simply have a balcony room LOL However, with the 2 bedroom you actually have a 'living room' so to speak, couch, table and chairs, etc. It's a place everyone can sit/hang and play games, watch TV, talk, etc.

You need to decide if the higher price is worth it to you and the amount of time you'll be staying in your cabin(s).

Harriet

I've done both and would definitely recommend the 2 bedroom. The downsides are you only have one balcony, and you will have to pay addl gratuities for the butler and concierge. The upsides are the perks, the large living room area, the multiple TVs with DVD players, the ability to eat at the haven restaurant, the butler who will bring you whatever you want, the Lavazza coffee machine, the private pool and hot tub, the concierge to make all your dinner recommendations, the priority you get for tenders and getting off the ship at ports. Hands down, the suite makes for a better more relaxed vacation.

Terry

I've done both and would definitely recommend the 2 bedroom. The downsides are you only have one balcony, and you will have to pay addl gratuities for the butler and concierge. The upsides are the perks, the large living room area, the multiple TVs with DVD players, the ability to eat at the haven restaurant, the butler who will bring you whatever you want, the Lavazza coffee machine, the private pool and hot tub, the concierge to make all your dinner recommendations, the priority you get for tenders and getting off the ship at ports. Hands down, the suite makes for a better more relaxed vacation.

Terry

....but they'd also have the Haven courtyard and sundeck! ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

Oh wow. Go to the NCL site & look up the Haven for Breakaway. Watch videos, etc. Also, see if your sailing has kids sail free/reduced - that would make the 3rd, 4th & 5th passengers free/reduced. Also, you have to consider the promos would only be for the first 2 passengers.

Edited by khaide612

I had 2 balconies for 4 people, and thought it was the way to go. I felt like we had more space and Personally, I don't think the perks are worth all the money we saved by getting 2 balconies, instead, but that is just my opinion