Were cruise fare AND promotions supposed to be protected?

Vacationlover2

So I was finally able to talk to someone about rebooking my canceled Spirit Cruise for April 2017. I tried to rebook it to Dec. 23, 2016. They tried to charge me $500 more and told me I couldn't have the free beverage promotion I had already booked under. I had free UBP for 1st 2 passengers and free soda for 3rd and 4th. Then they told me they could give me the 1st and 2nd but I would have to pay gratuities. I booked when grats were included.

Were my promotions supposed to be protected? In reading the letter, only the price is protected, but when I rebooked my other canceled cruise they gave me all promotions I had originally.

My letter stated that if I did nothing prior to the 24th the deposits would be refunded and booking canceled. Not sure if you were in contact with them prior to then and had something worked out with the displacement department though. I do know of people who were price protected after the deadline. If you opted for the price protection it did allow you to keep your original perks and price. See your letter for the specifics for your price protected options. Some paid or more or less if ports changed but the increase or decrease in total price was nominal.

I know the displacement department is still running because I contacted them today. I wanted to see about switching my cruise as I realized there is a potential date conflict with my new cruise. I was told that I am not eligible for price protect if I switch at this point so I am guessing the window for making changes is now closed.

I also understood the letter I received to say I had until 24th August to make the changes with them and keep my fare and offers protected. It said after that date they would assume that I intended to cancel. I took this to mean if I called before close of business on the 24th everything would be fine otherwise I was on my own. I followed the instructions and got my price and extras exactly as they were before the switch to a slightly different date.

Why did you think that waiting for almost 3 weeks after the deadline passed would mean the offer was still going to be available to you on those terms? I certainly didn't and as our trip was important to me and my husband we made sure to comply and not put the valuable promos we got at any risk.

Each to their own as they say.

Oh boy. That is one seriously bad travel agent who has cost you a whole load of cash. I would be making it very clear that they not only need to make this good I will be needing something extra for my inconvenience and stress. I would not take anything less than that.

There is nothing on the promos that a TA can't provide out of his own pocket for this mistake - Internet pkg, OBC, UBP - etc.

He should have been on top of this. He should have also been the person working with you re-book the cruise - ie been more proactive in all of this.

Edited by bonvoyagie