Your thoughts on Fantasy class?

NOSaints1

I like Fantasy class. I sailed on Paradise last December and had a great time. It didn't have all the features of a larger ship, but for a 4 night that I was on, everything was great.

I like all ships, and all sizes. My focus now is on some of the new builds, but am so glad I got to experience Paradise.

Food was great. Cabins nicely sized and navigating the ship was easy.

I used to say the Fascination was my favorite, and it will always be sentimental to me because of the family experiences shared on several cruises on her. However, with kids and young adults, the Breeze, in particular (and the Sunshine) have a lot more to offer our family. Fantasy class is super easy to navigate and we have had nothing but great cruises on this type of ship. After awhile, you begin to mix up reasons why you choose a certain vacation...ship class, ports visited, amenities onboard, etc., etc. Try it for yourself and decide. There is not a "bad" ship in the fleet.

My DW and I are in our mid 30s and have sailed Conquest, Valor, Breeze and going on Adventure next October out of San Juan to the ABC islands, St Maarten and Antigua. How're the layout on the Fantasy class, cabins, ship movement, the dining and the food quality, pool area, onboard activities/ onboard entertainment. The one island we wouldn't mind going to is HMC

After having sailed on the Breeze and the Conquest class ships, I sailed on the Ecstasy last weekend, and it felt so small. The layout is different. I prefer the layout of the Conquest ships and the Breeze. I have been spoiled by the larger ships.

We've sailed on the Disney Magic, the Carnival Liberty, the Ecstasy and the Paradise. We've had a great time on all of these ships. I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Fantasy class ships at all. However, they don't have as many balcony rooms, which we love. When we went on the Ecstasy, we had an extended balcony grand suite (thank you, upgrade fairy). WOW, was that nice!! Huge balcony. Great room.

Balcony cabins on the Fantasy class ships are by far my favorite because the ones on the main deck sit so close to the water. It's a much better experience then the larger ships IMO. Even at full the ships feels less crowded then the larger ships, the Lido deck is well thought-out and the way the top decks at the rear sides of the ship and middle extends over the water is unmatched.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Love love love the fantasy ships! Our first cruise was the Miracle when she was first put in service. Second was honeymoon cruise on the Fantasy. Then we did 3 Fascination cruises. Since we did 2 Glory. The layout it similar between the conquest and Fantasy- just more rooms and smaller walk ways on the conquest. I really like the Lido deck on Fantasy Class! They are much bigger in main area than any ship. It made for really good deck parties! Easy to get around and wider walking areas. The service is great on all CCL ships I have been on but the 2 Fascination and 1 Fantasy were steller- only my Glory in Jan beat any of those. It just has an overall better feel. Maybe because there are less people. Sure we are smaller in ports but the bigger they are the more you can feel like a number on all those other Mega cruise liners out there. :D

My DW and I are in our mid 30s and have sailed Conquest, Valor, Breeze and going on Adventure next October out of San Juan to the ABC islands, St Maarten and Antigua. How're the layout on the Fantasy class, cabins, ship movement, the dining and the food quality, pool area, onboard activities/ onboard entertainment. The one island we wouldn't mind going to is HMC

The vast majority of my Carnival sailings have been on Fantasy Class ships. I've also done a few on Destiny/Conquest Class ships, and one on the Spirit.

The Fantasy Class is by far my favorite. Maybe I'm partial to them since I started out on Sensation many years ago, but I really enjoy their size and layout. I like that almost all of the cabin decks are below the public area decks, instead of the sandwich design on the newer classes. I also enjoy the pool decks more. Although that's less the case on the ship's that got their aft pools (which I loved) removed to make way for the waterslides (which I couldn't care less about).

Right now, the best two for me are Paradise and Elation. They don't have the remodeled cabins or additional balconies, but they do still have the two pool setup. Plus, their nightclubs are still full sized. On some of the ships, they (for reasons I'll never comprehend) converted the back half of the dance club into a seldom used meeting room.

My next CCL cruise will likely be on Paradise again just for those reasons.

Do all of the Fantasy class ships still have that awful old pizza. We sailed out of Charleston about 18 months ago, and we could not even eat it. No Guys, but at least they had the chicken strips and the old burgers were not all that bad.

According to the pizza thread, the Paradise has the new pizza.

Edited by SadieN

Ive only been on the elation for 5 days and although it was fun, missed the size and space found on the larger conquest and spirit class ships along with the extra amenities. My parents said the fanatasy class has more roll to them in rough seas. The shops are smaller too and the lines on lido deck for food were the longest ive witnessed on a cruise. It was easy to get around though. The staff were great except if you were back in the serenity area, you best get your drinks first cause no one was coming around. All in all its a decent ship but there are so many ther ships out there id go with first.

Have fun!