Cagney's Potato Soup recipe?

donsuej

Loved the Potato soap in Cagney's as well. Hopefully someone can get it. Mushroom soap in Le Bistro was excellent as well

Luddite's posted his wife's recipe for Le Bistro's mushroom soup: [/i] [/i] [/b] Maybe he'll get her to do the potato too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1662586&highlight=le+bistro+mushroom+soup

Originally Posted by Lena B View Post

Oh, the pressure is on and I haven't had a taste of the yummy soup in several months! Here is what I'd do today:

Rinse and chop:

white button mushrooms

****ake mushrooms, stemmed

portobello mushrooms

whatever other good fresh mushroom that Kroger's might be selling that day

fresh parsley

1/2 stick butter (or more if you're feeling too skinny and healthy! More is better.)

5 cans (or more, if you've got spare time) low sodium chicken broth

white wine(the boxed kind is fine)

1/2 and 1/2

heavy cream

pepper

Saute the mushrooms and parsley in butter. Then set aside 1/2 cup of this. Add chicken broth and wine to the remaining mushroom mixture. Simmer. Add more chicken broth. Add some wine. Drink some wine (I like the kind in a bottle for this step!). Simmer. Drink more wine. Add more broth and wine. Drink some more. Repeat. You really want this to get condensed, so you'll have to drink even more.

When the kitchen is swaying a little bit, pretend you're on a ship. You could ask your spouse to announce Bingo or something. Turn off the stove. Add the 1/2 and 1/2 and heavy cream. The amount you add will depend on how much wine you've had to drink. Put some of the reserved mushrooms in the bottom of each bowl, then pour the soup on top of the fresh fungus. Sprinkle on some freshly ground black pepper.

The recipe would probably be different if I'd eaten at Le Bistro last week... Bon Appetit from Mrs. Luddie!

Edited by SuiteCruiser