Cost of cruising with children

Full fare, except that often the 3rd and 4th in a cabin can be less (regardless of age). I believe children under 24 months are not "charged" (or maybe expected to pay) gratuity - check the Gratuities FAQ's. ken

Edited by Ken076

Fares are the same no matter the age. Sorry. It's based on the occupancy of the boat and the need to have space for each passenger in the life boats. Your cabin will be priced the same - depending on the number of people in your cabin and the cabin type you book. Children two years and under do not get auto gratuities added.

You can get a crib by request. I would ask my PVP or TA to make a note on the reservation and then go to guest services as soon as you board.

The details of your cruise rate will break the children's fares down into lower rates, for example, our 10 days Journey's cruise has each adult listed as paying 999.00 with each of two children paying 259.00 in a quad OV. If you add them up and divide them by four, they equal the 629 rate pp that we paid before fees, port charges, and taxes. We all pay the same fees and auto gratuities (the kids are 9).

Hi I am hoping someone can tell me how much it costs for children to cruise? Ages 18 months and 3 and 11. Surely they don't pay a full adult amount?? Also does Carnival supply cribs?

Thanks in advance (asking on behalf of my son for my grandchildren )

They are passengers they pay to cruise. Little ones dont get charged on autotips but they do make a mess and extra work for waitstaff and steward and should add something to tips for that.

Carnival will supply cribs kind of like pack n play.

3rd and 4th passenger in a room cost less, but there is no child's rate. A third adult also gets this discount. (So for example if a child is second passenger in a room, it is full fare)

Children's programming costs the cruise line and they don't drink or gamble so you can't make much money off of them, plus they take up a spot on the max occupancy allowed for the ship. we should be thankful children aren't charged more than adults!

Edited by skittl1321

Also...just so they are not surprised by this...under 2 years old are not allowed at Camp Carnival, except for limited paid babysitting service after 10 pm. Sometimes people get surprised by that and get very upset. We've been sailing with my youngest since she was 17 months old. She's now 4, and in a week she and her sisters will be going on their 7th cruise!! It can be a lot of fun, but you need to know what to expect. Also....no swim diapers in the pools. Period. If they're not potty trained, they can't go in the pool!

Full fare, except that often the 3rd and 4th in a cabin can be less (regardless of age). I believe children under 24 months are not "charged" (or maybe expected to pay) gratuity - check the Gratuities FAQ's. ken

Children regardless of age are charged the 3rd and/ or the 4th guest rate plus the fees an taxes. Under 2 are not charged the automatic gratuity.

Hi I am hoping someone can tell me how much it costs for children to cruise? Ages 18 months and 3 and 11. Surely they don't pay a full adult amount?? Also does Carnival supply cribs?

Thanks in advance (asking on behalf of my son for my grandchildren )

Yes, Carnival has cribs for under 2. Hope your son will book an OV or balcony cabin. A crib will make it impossible to walk around in an inside cabin.

Even with a balcony cabin, with the crib and stroller we brought for our 13 month old grand daughter, it was very crowded in there. We had to ask our cabin stewardess to remove the coffee table and chair n the first day.

The crib was set up in the cabin when we arrived as per our PVP.

No idea how she did it but my TA got my 3 year old on for $10 extra. Booked through my job perks. If you have anything like that it might be worth it to look into it. It may be a special thing due to my employer but I'm not sure. I never would have known if I hadn't called my perks company to get info on pricing.

No idea how she did it but my TA got my 3 year old on for $10 extra. Booked through my job perks. If you have anything like that it might be worth it to look into it. It may be a special thing due to my employer but I'm not sure. I never would have known if I hadn't called my perks company to get info on pricing.

Sometimes Carnival will have a promo rate called the More the Merrier. With this rate, we paid only about $40 extra for our grand daughter and this was with fees and taxes included.

We have never booked more than 2 in a cabin before so don't know how frequent this rate is available.

Sometimes Carnival will have a promo rate called the More the Merrier. With this rate, we paid only about $40 extra for our grand daughter and this was with fees and taxes included.

We have never booked more than 2 in a cabin before so don't know how frequent this rate is available.

They have it now for the cruise we are on but the price difference for 3 instead of 2 was more than we paid. This turned out to be literally $10 more than the 2 person rate. But that was part of the reason I booked through work. The overall price was cheaper that way. On the other hand, maybe I just missed something somewhere and there was a sale she knew about that I didn't.