Which fun ship is the least.....

esdoorn

.....party and/or lots of kids on board ship in the fleet?

Is there one or more Carnival ships that seem to draw an older less rowdy crowd than others?

We are going to book another cruise and my wife said she would prefer to be on a ship with an older less party type ship and she would like to stay loyal to Carnival if at all possible.

No offense to anyone who likes to have fun, but given she only gets two weeks of vacation a year, she'd like to just kick back and relax.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

7 day Mexican Rivera.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Especially those when public schools are in session. On any route when school is in session the rowdiness should be less.

Recently our most mellow cruise was the California Coastal on Princess.

hi. I'm just throwing my 2 cents in here. We are just of the Victory (sailed 8/22) to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Hubby and I are over the target market: 57 & 58. We rarely drink, (I had 4 drinks of the day, hubby had 3 beers, the entire trip). We had a great trip. We were able to sit outside in the moonlight and watch the dive in movie. We were able to sit out on the deck. We found a bit of a nook, facing the sea, in the air conditioning, where we could grab a piece of pizza and enjoy the beautiful waves. We went to the "shows" when we felt like it, but sat up on the balcony. We stretched our legs on the upper deck, even tried shuffle board. We mostly relaxed and enjoyed. We never felt like we were stuck in the crowd. I guess what I'm saying is that we felt perfectly comfortable doing as much (often, as little!) as we wanted. No one bothered us. Our room was quiet. We would do it again, and again, and again. aahhh.... Hope you find what you are looking for.

Time of year would also be a factor. When kids are in school, there would be less on the ships. Travel outside of school breaks. We also find that cruises longer than 7 days tend to have less kids.

Agree. The most sedate sailing I had was on a 7 day on the Liberty. It was in mid May. The shorter trips have been much more lively but never to the point of annoying. You can find so many places to just sit and relax. Hope you find a great one!

Departures from San Juan tend to have less kids. Parties seem to fall in the middle on these cruises from what I've seen. Only one sea day keeps people busy during the days so less are up at night.

If you want to stay away from kids, I suggest staying away from ships like Breeze, Magic, and Sunshine. They have more for them to do.

This will be packed with kids who are out in Spring Break. Many families sail this time of year.

what about a 5 day cruise that would leave on Easter Monday the first week of April?

It would sail at 4pm Monday and gets back in 8am on a Saturday? Ports are Grand Turk - HMS and Nassau.

Book the cheapest cruise. That's what any retired person is looking for. They are typically the cheapest because they are hardest to sell as schools in session and vacation is harder to get. Also its hurricane season or winter. Usually October/November. Cheapest I've seen is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then the end of Jan through the 1st week of February. Those are the quietest cruises. But be cautious as they can also be chartered at those times as well.

And they do often sell out.

-Sean

Departures from San Juan tend to have less kids. Parties seem to fall in the middle on these cruises from what I've seen. Only one sea day keeps people busy during the days so less are up at night.

If you want to stay away from kids, I suggest staying away from ships like Breeze, Magic, and Sunshine. They have more for them to do.

Good point. Even during the summer there were not a lot of kids on our cruise out of San Juan. I was not a big fan of only one day at sea, but overall a good cruise

Time of year would also be a factor. When kids are in school, there would be less on the ships. Travel outside of school breaks. We also find that cruises longer than 7 days tend to have less kids.

I agree with you completely, mimxmom. It's not so much the ship as time of year & # of days. Short 3 or 4 day cruises are going to be more party ships.

I was surprised at the older crowd & less kids on an 8-day cruise vs. even a 7-day cruise.

Definitely travel when schools are in session.

Edited by Sparky2

.....party and/or lots of kids on board ship in the fleet?

Is there one or more Carnival ships that seem to draw an older less rowdy crowd than others?

We are going to book another cruise and my wife said she would prefer to be on a ship with an older less party type ship and she would like to stay loyal to Carnival if at all possible.

No offense to anyone who likes to have fun, but given she only gets two weeks of vacation a year, she'd like to just kick back and relax.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Cruise Princess if you don't want a bunch of brats running around and a big party-type crowd. We book both. Carnival when the brats are in school, and Princess when they are out of school. Princess caters to the older crowd. No harm in trying Princess out.

Cruise Princess if you don't want a bunch of brats running around and a big party-type crowd. We book both. Carnival when the brats are in school, and Princess when they are out of school. Princess caters to the older crowd. No harm in trying Princess out.

Thanks.....will take a look at Princess!

Book the cheapest cruise. That's what any retired person is looking for. They are typically the cheapest because they are hardest to sell as schools in session and vacation is harder to get. Also its hurricane season or winter. Usually October/November. Cheapest I've seen is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then the end of Jan through the 1st week of February. Those are the quietest cruises. But be cautious as they can also be chartered at those times as well. And it's the cheapest time to cruise.

And they do often sell out.

-Sean

Agreed. I always sail between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My experience has been that the passenger demographic is closer to my parents age then my age (41). Tends to be a nice relaxing cruise.

Edited by carolinaviking71208