Altun Ha and cavetubing combo review

Farley5

My group consisted of my family of 5 (Kids 21, 18 and 10) I contacted cavetubing.bz and they were able to offer this tour. They sent me a very detailed instructions. They also said that a combo trip would be rushed because of the distant between port and activities. They did tell us to get over on the earliest tender. Because cruise lines let their excursions tender first you do have to wait for your turn. We were met exactly were they said they would be in bright yellow shirts. They gave us a bottle of water and the van was very new and the AC worked well. We got our own private van and guide. Our tour guide was Jose and he was AWESOME. He is young but he knows so much about the Mayans and Belize. He does jungle survival so very knowledgeable on the plants which was great during our jungle walk to the river. Although we were on a tight schedule we were able to get both done. They did ask us if we minded eating our lunch in the van on the way to the river. We didn't mind and the lunch was very tasty. My 10 year old wanted to try a fresh coconut. Jose found us a place and it was much cheaper than at port shopping area. We did get back on time although the tender line was long. If you want a leisurely day don't do both or mind being a van a lot. The pace was fine for us. We enjoyed our conversations with Jose so we didn't mind the long drives either. Belize is a beautiful country and Jose pointed out things along the way. I highly recommend Jose he was knowledgeable, polite, funny and a good driver.

Nice, hats off to Vitalino Reyes. The first time I visited Belize it was only him running the company. He had one car and he always made sure he treated his guests good. Last I was there he now has a fleet of vehicles, it just goes to show that if you put in good work, you get something good back! Great Review.

I think it was 8:15 -4:15. But we had to wait for the tenders. We got in line as early as we could and was one of the first tenders of non cruise excursions. I will double check with the Funtimes. I kept one of each day since I'm a scrapbooker. We got back right at the last minute (4:15) and waited in really long line for tenders back to boat.

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked this tour with them, as we want to do both things. But I am really anxious about being back to the ship on time. I am thinking of cancelling. I see you got back right at the "last minute". That's a little scary. Would you use them again, or recommend them to others based on making it back to the ship on time?

Yes I would book them again and ask for Jose. It was Jose's prime focus to get us back on time. The boss checked in twice to see where we were to make sure we were on schedule. We did eat lunch in the van to save time. Jose knew all the buses that cruises used and made sure we were either right behing the or in front of them. My experience was that when got back at the "last minute" we waited in a HUGE (45 min) line for tenders. Since all the bars that you stand next to waiting have ""specials" my guess this is typical. We had to be back by 4:15. I read tons of reviews on multiple sights and couldn't find anyone who missed the boat. If I was going in a huge group I would reconsider. We were a family of 5 with our own private van.

Thanks, Farley! We will be sure and ask for Jose. It also looks like we will be in port maybe an hour longer than you were, so hopefully that helps things. Although we will be the the Carnival Magic, a huge ship, so the tendering process will probably not be speedy.