Dining question

jkneern

on our next cruise we chose the UBP as our promo. We decided we wanted to change to UDP so I called to make the change and was surprised that reservations can not be made for the specialty restaurants until you board the ship if you have the promo package. I decided to keep the UBP and just purchased a 5 nt specialty dining package. By doing this I was able to book all reservations ahead of time. Last cruise we purchased the UDP when we boarded and had a hard time getting the restaurants we wanted and only could get late dining times after 9p. Is this correct, I really wanted to switch my package but don't want to chance getting stuck with late dining times again. Should I call back?

On all our cruises with the promotional UDP, we have been able to make dining reservations ahead of time on-line. I think you were given incorrect information about this, unless they have changed something with the UDP very recently.

That said, you have already bought the 5-meal SDP and made your reservations, so it might be simplest to leave things as they are at this point. The 5-meal package only costs $89, whereas 5 days of the UBP is worth $270.

Seems like you have been misinformed. We are on the Escape for Thanksgiving and also have the UDP. When the 90 day window opened up I was able to make all our dining and show reservations on line. With the new system it was a breeze, all done in 10 minutes.