San Francisco Hotel - Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf?

mickeysgal

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed at the The Tuscan formerly affiliated with Best Western until this past November ? Would love your input.

We want a place that is easy to walk to attractions or use the available transportation as we are not renting a car.

Also, very interested in companies to deal with for transportation to and from the SFO airport. We do not want to lug our luggage on and off the BART system

I know you have already been to SF, but I am sure others will be researching this. FW and Union Square are super crowded with tourists and they book very quickly. IMHO there are much nicer areas to stay. I liked the Galleria as well, it is in the financial district. I like the Harbor Court Hotel it is across from the embarcadero and near public transportation. It is also close to the cruise ship port as well. SF is not very big so it is a short taxi/uber drive to the port from most hotels in SF. For the budget minded there are a lot of hotels in the Marina district.

I'd stay away from the Tenderloin, area some Union Square hotels border on the Tenderloin. I have walked around south of market near Moscone and the Metreon in the evening w/o incident, but kept my wits about me. I like The Mosser and Hotel Palomar both are just a little south of market st and they are further away from the sketchier sections. SF is a lot like any city, I am a single female and have walked around at night without problems.

I usually take BART from the airport and Uber if there is a lot of luggage.

I don't remember which shuttle it was - we walked out of the airport and took the first one - I see on the SFO website it says $17... that's what we took. There was one other couple that were in the van with us and the driver took them to their house first, which meant we got a free tour of the city! We debated BART but when we realized our hotel would be a walk from the nearest BART station we decided shared van was best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at The Tuscan 5 years ago when it was affiliated with Best Western, and loved it. The location was great. The price seems to have increased quite a bit since then. This May we will be staying at Hotel Zephyr before our cruise.

We stayed at The Tuscan 5 years ago when it was affiliated with Best Western, and loved it. The location was great. The price seems to have increased quite a bit since then. This May we will be staying at Hotel Zephyr before our cruise.

If used, what shuttle company did you use from the airport.