RCI Galveston Terminal 2 luggage drop off.

StrikeEagle

Last time when sailing with RCI and dropping off our luggage at Galveston terminal 2, it was a chaos nightmare with so many people crowded outside the building and trying to look for the porter but can not find one or one that is available or has a cart which has space to put our luggage.

Is there a place I can go directly to drop off my luggage without going through the porter?

After the porter pick up their luggage, they bring it to somewhere ? Just want to see if I can drop off my luggage directly to that place without going through the porter.

Thanks

You can check it in at the building prior to entry for cruise check in.

It is manned by porters/staff. Can't leave your vehicle to do so; have someone with you take it there.

The problems I see is everyone wants to arrive early (to wait) and those disembarking want to leave quickly - too many at one time.

We always wait to go after 1:30 pm - no hassle, no traffic, no lines,

You can check it in at the building prior to entry for cruise check in.

It is manned by porters/staff. Can't leave your vehicle to do so; have someone with you take it there.

The problems I see is everyone wants to arrive early (to wait) and those disembarking want to leave quickly - too many at one time.

We always wait to go after 1:30 pm - no hassle, no traffic, no lines,

So - typically, if you board a little later - like ~2:00, no check in line? Trying to avoid the line, but our shuttle will be dropping us off at the port at 9:00 - thought we'd drop off our bags and then walk over to the strand and browse for awhile.