Ecstasy rides out H. Rita (Pics)

jollyroger1965

[quote name='carlalena1']Does anyone out there have the picture of the Dawn hitting that 70 foot wave last spring?[/QUOTE]

You might post this question on the NCL boards

Hello,

Those wre awesome..thanks for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the U.S.S. Ranger (aircraft carrier) way back in 1981, coming from the Phillipines to Hawaii during the spring. We had waves crashing as high as 2 decks below the flight deck...very high.......We were able to go out on various little side decks and it was a wild ride. All planes were in the hangar bay of course.

Thanks again.............

[quote name='big_duck']Actually Liv, I think carlalena1 is talking about "your" pic.[/QUOTE]

This one??

[img]http://members.dsli.com/schooner/triumph/Triumph1.JPG[/img]

Seeing the Ecstasy pix makes this one seem not so far fetched. :eek:

And to my knowledge, no pix exist of the wave hitting the Dawn. Wasn't it at night anyway?

LOL...things that make you go hmmmmm. ;)

Pete if I remember correctly the wave hit around 6am(ish) While I've never been in "rough" seas, I'd like to experience the ride at least once but I have to tell you....I would NOT have wanted to be in the cabins that took the direct hit:eek:

HAHA Chucksta pretty hard to keep the olive in the martini. You always have comments about booze. :D Seems like u have a alcohol problem while on cruise ships just like me. You should of came on the Valor Aug 7th :D Maybe we can hit up a cruise sometime and see who can run up the biggest tab during the week :D

Where do you people come from.....???

Jolly, I totally did not mean that as a swipe against you. I think the pictures are great and look real to me. I sent the link to other cruisers who were equally amazed. I was only pointing out that the number had changed. I didn't know who the website belonged to. I just thought that maybe whoever took them was an avid CC reader like the rest of us. Sorry.

HAHA Chucksta pretty hard to keep the olive in the martini. You always have comments about booze. Seems like u have a alcohol problem while on cruise ships just like me. You should of came on the Valor Aug 7th . Maybe we can hit up a cruise sometime and see who can run up the biggest tab during the week :D

DOHC, maybe YOU should come with us on the S&S :D When I saw $600, I thought you were talking about a 4 day cruise :eek: ;)

I'm sure Chuckie can put 'em away too... but we may never know since he's too SKERD to come with us :eek:

I have absolutely no doubt that they were forwarded to you by a crew member.

but that doesn't make them real.

They're what's termed in the industry as Photoshop Slop. The size of the waves simply doesn't match (or even come close) to the reaction of the ship.

And b) if the seas really were that rough, they would keep the ships miles apart in case of an electrical or propoulsion failure.

Sorry.

They're what's termed in the industry as Photoshop Slop. The size of the waves simply doesn't match (or even come close) to the reaction of the ship.

And b) if the seas really were that rough, they would keep the ships miles apart in case of an electrical or propoulsion failure.

Sorry.

Exactly. The other ship would have to have been right there AND possessed extreme maneuverability- hughly unlikely that CCL had two cowboys at the helm.

I got the same photos, and the other one of the Triumph (without a doubt totally fake), from an Elation crewmember today. This was after me posting all last night on this thread. There were a bunch of headers from email addresses all over the world, so you KNOW they have circled the globe a hundred times already, all coming from a CCL crewmember!

Doesn't make them legit!

I am in the process of investigating these photos myself for their validity via the Sensation's AV Manager e-mail address. I'll advise if I am able to obtain a reponse. It is a photo like below that makes me question the validity. Where is the immense splash of the ocean upon the ship's bow slamming down?

21da.jpg?ph14fODB8NlNiPCR

Sorry.

I guess you haven't done much time at sea...I've got 11yrs behind me and I can tell you it isn't just waves but the wind too that can do this to a ship. Especially CCL ships have 40ft odd draught (which is basically flatbottom and no keel). I once experienced a 15 deg list (that's alot for a ship this size) for over 10mins when getting back to the port of Miami...the seas were calmish but it was the wind that caused the list + if you know photo shop you can see quite easily by magnifying the images that there is no variation of pixels.

By the way, both ships had left NOLA to dock at Mobile but since the pilots could not board at Mobile due to high sea conditions bot EC and SE sailed right back to NOLA (since Rita had changed course). These pics were taken at the time both ships were waiting for the pilot (at the what they call a pilot station)

Actually the various angles (port, starboard, bow on) would give credence to the photos.

A telephoto lens would not only make the Ecstacy appear to close it would also give angle distorations of the waves like the picture above as well as flatten the seas.

Archived