Are some CL balconies bigger than others?

dbali

I am in a CLS right now (1734) and they do differ. The largest is 1730 which is right in the center. That said, ours is really big with plenty of room for the 2 loungers and small side table. We can see the Aqua Theater shows from our balcony. We also enjoy watching the flowriders.

If you look at the ships layout, it appears that the ocean facing cl's "kinda" are on the curve from the old Viking crown lounge.

dbali,

If you're talking about the ocean-facing L1's, then the balconies in the middle area of that curve you're referring to are slightly bigger than the ones near the corner. If you mean the aft-facing L2's that look out over the Sports Zone, basketball courts, etc, then the recent post identifying 1730 as the biggest one is correct. The L1's are usually priced a bit higher than the L2's because of the better view.

The "hump" cabins that are often referenced are the ones closer to midship where the structure juts out, and there are no loft suites there.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I will be in 1748 for Thanksgiving week! There was a huge price drop today for the L1s. I saved $1300, even after losing the $500 penalty (past 74 days out). The L2s remained at a much higher price. Guess there's more demand for the L2s on this sailing. The L1 is pricing less than a GS today (with the NJ resident discount).

I will be in 1748 for Thanksgiving week! There was a huge price drop today for the L1s. I saved $1300, even after losing the $500 penalty (past 74 days out). The L2s remained at a much higher price. Guess there's more demand for the L2s on this sailing. The L1 is pricing less than a GS today (with the NJ resident discount).

That's a nice savings! I just checked and it looks like the L1's are gone. We were on the Allure for Thanksgiving 2013 and loved it, so when the first BOGOHO sale started in May of 2014, I almost booked an L1 for this Thanksgiving. The price at the time was $3843 pp for two, but I ended up booking a couple of other cruises instead before the prices rose. Glad to hear you were able to catch a price drop!

RC had some great deals on Harmony sailings for early 2017, so we will be in our first L1 then.

Enjoy your cruise!

That's a nice savings! I just checked and it looks like the L1's are gone. We were on the Allure for Thanksgiving 2013 and loved it, so when the first BOGOHO sale started in May of 2014, I almost booked an L1 for this Thanksgiving. The price at the time was $3843 pp for two, but I ended up booking a couple of other cruises instead before the prices rose. Glad to hear you were able to catch a price drop!

RC had some great deals on Harmony sailings for early 2017, so we will be in our first L1 then.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks.

My cruise is actually on the Oasis and there are still L1s available at the reduced price!

Enjoy your cruise!

Was that the 30 for 30 sale? We saw those deals as well and took an ocean-facing L1 CL for about $4800 total with some OBC. I thought $2400 per person for a CL was too good to pass up, and I think the last time I looked it had gone up to about $3200 per.

Was that the 30 for 30 sale? We saw those deals as well and took an ocean-facing L1 CL for about $4800 total with some OBC. I thought $2400 per person for a CL was too good to pass up, and I think the last time I looked it had gone up to about $3200 per.

It was either the 30 / 30 or one of the BOGOHO spinoff sales, but you're correct about the cost increase (up about 34% since we booked).

There's a really good website out there that lets you check past prices for every ship, cruise and cabin category, all the way back to the day the booking opened. It also displays an accompanying graph that lets you easily see when the lowest prices were, and how today's prices compare.

It was either the 30 / 30 or one of the BOGOHO spinoff sales, but you're correct about the cost increase (up about 34% since we booked).

There's a really good website out there that lets you check past prices for every ship, cruise and cabin category, all the way back to the day the booking opened. It also displays an accompanying graph that lets you easily see when the lowest prices were, and how today's prices compare.

What is the name of the web site?