Yes... Another UBP question

pretykym

Well that came out really small... decent whiskeys under $11 are:

Dewar's White and 12 YO, Johnnie Red, Chivas 12, Jameson, Glenfiddich, Woodford Reserve.

The Ultra-Premiums you'll need to pay the difference for (your cost = price minus $11).

Those are: Macallan, Glenmorange, Johnnie Blue

Does anyone know what premium sipping whiskey is included in the UDP? We normally drink Bastille ....

Read a post about a week ago regarding this exact subject. Gentleman said that Johnny Walker blue was $17 (would cost you $6 + tip).

But he drank Johnny walker gold , Johnny walker platinum, Glenfiddich all included in the package. Mentioned there were many more so you should be covered for good sipping whiskies.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I don't know about soft drinks, my gut says that cans are included only if fountain is not available. I think that might be limited to diet 7up and Orange Crush. That's just a guess, though.

They're not supposed to give you unopened bottles, but if you are friendly enough with a bartender I've been told that they're pretty lenient on bending this rule.

I thought the limit was $15/drink in the package? At least it was earlier this month.

Yes, I was just about to post this.

The limit is definitely $15 now. Just came back from the Dawn on Friday and had the UBP. We booked back when the limit was $11 but we were told by everyone on the ship that the limit was $15. We did not get any drinks that were over $15 but we definitely got a few martinis that were over $11 and we did not have any additional beverage charges on our account.

Hope that helps and happy sailing! :D

1. Are cans of soda included? Can we get them unopened?

The package only includes fountain soda. Even if they only have cans for some reason, in my experience they will want to pour you a glass instead of giving you the unopened can. But you can ask, you never know.

2. Can we get beer bottles unopened?
I have had slightly better luck with this, again just ask and see, and be prepared the be told "sorry, no". Or you can order beer in screw-top cans, I think they always hand those over unopened. :)

While waiting for the kids' circus performance in the theater on Getaway, the waiter brought us a bucket of unopened beers charged to our UBP. He was a savvy fellow, who knew what it would take for us to suffer through that. We had each only ordered one, but he knew...

While waiting for the kids' circus performance in the theater on Getaway, the waiter brought us a bucket of unopened beers charged to our UBP. He was a savvy fellow, who knew what it would take for us to suffer through that. We had each only ordered one, but he knew...

*snort*

• 2 weeks later...
Well that came out really small... decent whiskeys under $11 are:

Dewar's White and 12 YO, Johnnie Red, Chivas 12, Jameson, Glenfiddich, Woodford Reserve.

The Ultra-Premiums you'll need to pay the difference for (your cost = price minus $11).

Those are: Macallan, Glenmorange, Johnnie Blue

Sigh....Scoth vs Whiskey....they are different...its awful to lump them together. :D