Old Internet Plan Question

jimmyp

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the "old" internet plans? The Carnival FAQ says "Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not permitted and plans are subject to change."

Pricing

480 minutes for $159 USD

240 minutes for $89 USD

120 minutes for $59 USD

45 minutes for $29 USD

Pay As You Go - $0.75 USD per minute

Does that mean if after I use 45 minutes for $29, I can't buy the same package again? (Yes, I realize I could get 120 minutes for the same price off the bat but I'm going to try and stay disconnected from email for the most part). Also is printing free under the "old" plan. The FAQ only mentions it under the "New" plan.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the "old" internet plans? The Carnival FAQ says "Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not permitted and plans are subject to change."

Pricing

480 minutes for $159 USD

240 minutes for $89 USD

120 minutes for $59 USD

45 minutes for $29 USD

Pay As You Go - $0.75 USD per minute

Does that mean if after I use 45 minutes for $29, I can't buy the same package again? (Yes, I realize I could get 120 minutes for the same price off the bat but I'm going to try and stay disconnected from email for the most part). Also is printing free under the "old" plan. The FAQ only mentions it under the "New" plan.

Thanks,

Jim

Not 100% sure, but I think it means that you can't buy the 45 min for $29 plan and then after 15-20 min pay the difference and upgrade to the 120 for $59 plan.

Not 100% sure, but I think it means that you can't buy the 45 min for $29 plan and then after 15-20 min pay the difference and upgrade to the 120 for $59 plan.

This is correct. And you can buy each package multiple times, but it will end up costing you more if you need to buy multiple small packages.

Are you using your own computer or Carnival's? Also think about what you plan to do on the Internet ... Email, using websites, uploading photos,... If you're going to use their computers, you'll need a lot of minutes.

I always bring a laptop to back up my pictures. And I mainly used email over their internet connection. I'd type my email in Word while offline, then logon real quick, get into my email account, paste my prepared text, and send. Rather than read any emails while online, I'd copy the text and paste it into Word to read offline. I only emailed my adult kids, so I only needed to check for email from them.

I use a different email account while traveling. That lets my email page load real fast because the inbox is almost empty.

If you want to use email on their computers, you'll be using minutes to type and read emails.

Edited by D4