Spirit Balcony Bathrooms Question

Cruisermom2nick

Is that huge contraption on the wall outside of the toilet area the hair dryer? It's the only thing I can think that it would be.

Yep that's the hair dryer and it's not very good. If you have short hair it will probably be OK. With longer hair it just doesn't do the job and the handle of the dryer becomes too hot to hold and the bathroom gets uncomfortably hot.

I've always brought my own dryer and used it in the cabin area with no problems.

As for the layout of the bathroom some toilets are enclosed and others are not. I've been on the Spirit three times and on our last cruise the toilet was not enclosed.

We had a balcony cabin on the Spirit a couple of years ago, and I didn't think of it as small at the time. But looking at the photos now, it does look like the bathroom is smaller than in balcony cabins on other ships in the NCL fleet.... The tiles were nice, though....

IMG_2328.jpg.bc35eee0842d9c4eb38208181fb32870.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg.7ff33ab92001e552c18f399d4d20c4a2.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

I've been in the spirit twice both times inside cabin and never had the layout of the picture above I also never have decorative tiles in the bathroom

I have never sailed in an inside cabin but have sailed 7 times in a balcony o the Spirit. That picture is very representative on the balcony cabin bathrooms on board. All of the cabins we have had have been exactly like the picture.

I would not describe it as spacious but I didn't ever have any problems with the space in there and I am a larger lady.

Yep that's the hair dryer and it's not very good. If you have short hair it will probably be OK. With longer hair it just doesn't do the job and the handle of the dryer becomes too hot to hold and the bathroom gets uncomfortably hot.

I've always brought my own dryer and used it in the cabin area with no problems.

As for the layout of the bathroom some toilets are enclosed and others are not. I've been on the Spirit three times and on our last cruise the toilet was not enclosed.

Thanks! I guess I will be packing my own blow dryer in 2 months, because there is no way that thing would dry my hair, as I have very think hair and it takes forever to dry.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the bathroom on the Spirit to be larger than the bathrooms on the Jewel or Gem. It was more than fine and the shower pressure was quite good. The hair dryer was a joke. It wouldn't dry my bangs let alone the rest of my hair.