Connecting rooms

2xsin12mths

We are in room 2277 on Conquest in November. The room next to us is an adjoining room which I assume means somewhere in our room is a door. Does anyone know where this door is in the room and how annoying is a connecting room if you don't know your neighbors. Our TA seemed to think this was a good room/location??

A connecting cabin has a interior door connecting the two cabins. The potential is too great to hear something from your neighbors.

I'd only take one side of a connecting cabin if the alternatives are under the galley. Go further aft, under the MDR. Only once did we hear a faint song.

Looks like a good location near the forward elevators. Easy access to deck 0 for port days (2 flights stairs).

There is a site where people have posted pictures of their cabins. If you google cruise line rooms, you will find the site where you can look. There is not any pictures of your exact room but there is of a room a few doors down (2363) that is also an adjoining room. There is a picture of the 'door between' the rooms.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Normal 1

The connection is actually 2 doors back to back, so even if your neighbor opens their door, they will not have access to your room if your door remains locked.

I have not noticed sound traveling through any more than through the solid walls.

We had a couple next to our cabin once who took forever to figure out what that door was! They kept knocking and jiggling the knob. I guess they thought it was a closet? I don't know... If not for the fact that they didn't speak English, I would have been more than happy to explain it to them!

If the people in the connecting cabin are loud, you can hear them more than if there were regular cabin walls. If that cabin holds more than 2 people, the odds increase that there will be kids next door and kids are often loud.

We've had connecting cabins before and we avoid them unless we want both cabins.

The connection is actually 2 doors back to back, so even if your neighbor opens their door, they will not have access to your room if your door remains locked.

I have not noticed sound traveling through any more than through the solid walls.

We had a couple next to our cabin once who took forever to figure out what that door was! They kept knocking and jiggling the knob. I guess they thought it was a closet? I don't know... If not for the fact that they didn't speak English, I would have been more than happy to explain it to them!

All it would have taken is to answer the door once naked and they would have understood. The only problem is they might knock more often after that.

We are in room 2277 on Conquest in November. The room next to us is an adjoining room which I assume means somewhere in our room is a door. Does anyone know where this door is in the room and how annoying is a connecting room if you don't know your neighbors. Our TA seemed to think this was a good room/location??

We apprehensively booked a connecting cabin on Dream back in 2012. The door was on the wall near the balcony. We never heard any noise from the cabin next door. There are actually two doors-one on either side. I opened ours to see what was what and saw the door on the other side. We loved the location so much that we purposely booked connecting cabins on Breeze and Dream. Added benefit-the door handle was a great place to hang my damp bathing suits. :D

We're sailing Breeze again next year and the connecting cabin we wanted was already booked. :(

Have a great cruise.

Thanks everyone......it's to late to change rooms now as the cruise is almost completely full. I do like the fact that we are on a deck that is easy to get off the ship when in port. And guest services is above us so should not be loud overnight. We usually book balcony's but have started to take 2 cruises a year instead of 1 and had to switch to OV rooms, which are the same size room and I can still see out.

1 cruise with a balcony or 2 cruise in oceanview rooms....no brainer! I'll take 2 anyday:D

had a connecting room last year on the Magic. i that connecting room, there was a little girl. this little girl was FASCINATED by the door the entire cruise, and her parents did NOTHING about it. **knock knock knock** "HELLO" **KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK** jiggle door handle "HELLOOOOO" every.day. :mad::mad: i will NEVER have a connecting room again, unless its with family in the next room (and even then, maybe not!)

had a connecting room last year on the Magic. i that connecting room, there was a little girl. this little girl was FASCINATED by the door the entire cruise, and her parents did NOTHING about it. **knock knock knock** "HELLO" **KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK** jiggle door handle "HELLOOOOO" every.day. :mad::mad: i will NEVER have a connecting room again, unless its with family in the next room (and even then, maybe not!)

I would have opened the door when she knocked and scared the living daylights out of her!

Why wouldn't you have either answered and asked her (and her parents) to stop or gone to GS and talked to them?

Why wouldn't you have either answered and asked her (and her parents) to stop or gone to GS and talked to them?

looking back, i should have went to guest services. leery about approaching parents these days about their "precious snow peas". if they let their little snowflake do what she did without being told otherwise, then i knew exactly what kind of parents they were. "those" kind. oh, their precious little girl does NOTHING wrong, and how dare strangers say otherwise :rolleyes:

We apprehensively booked a connecting cabin on Dream back in 2012. The door was on the wall near the balcony. We never heard any noise from the cabin next door. There are actually two doors-one on either side. I opened ours to see what was what and saw the door on the other side. We loved the location so much that we purposely booked connecting cabins on Breeze and Dream. Added benefit-the door handle was a great place to hang my damp bathing suits. :D

We're sailing Breeze again next year and the connecting cabin we wanted was already booked. :(

Have a great cruise.

We were in a balcony on the Valor (same ship class) with an adjoining room. The door was near the balcony as well. Never heard anything. And like the post above, we used the door for our over the door shoe organizer. Very convenient as we never needed to open the door.