Aft-View Oceanview Cabins

nolanative

Hello, still new to cruising here, having only sailed once before. We just booked a sailing on Conquest and have an aft-view oceanview cabin on the Main Deck. Have not been able to find much online in terms of reviews/opinions on these cabins, as most information is about the balcony aft-view cabins.

I suspect there will be some vibration when docking as some have reported, but wondering about constant engine/mechanical noise? Cabins being more 'hot' than others?

Looking at the deck plans it shows a 'gray area' under these cabins. In this pic attached, there are open cutouts under these cabins, so not sure what would be below us.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Many thanks!

1026774.jpg.580a8ef4c999356d3fafb0df5d64f7ac.jpg

We just got off the Triumph yesterday and it was our first time in an Aft OceanView. We were in room 2454 and it was quite a bit smaller than the regular oceanviews. There was a chair instead of a sofa, 2 closets instead of three, and only one cabinet. I'm not sure what the other oceanview Afts were shaped like, but ours was a corner room, which might have been the reason it was smaller. I did notice there was no pull down bunkbed nor trundle bed. It was plenty room for the both of us but we had to get creative with where to stash our belongings.

As far as vibrations, there were some but not enough to keep us awake at night or wake us when docking.

The room was pleasant in the mornings, warm from the sunshine in the afternoons, and cold enough for the extra blanket at night.

Hope this was helpful and happy sailings to you.

Edited by prissihawg

We had an aft balcony on the Glory a few years back. The room was a bit smaller, no couch, etc as the poster above said. It was warm in the afternoon, but comfortable the rest of the time and I really didn't notice much noise or vibration.

It was an OK cabin, but I wouldn't choose it again. The extra cost not really worth it to me.

We just got off the Splendor, 7th level aft balcony. Chose the mid-level b/c some reviews said 6th could have noise from the nightclub beneath and 8th could have noise of chairs being moved as they were reset around the pool area above.

Can't compare in size (first ever cruise), but we didn't have any issues with the temp. Did feel the vibrations pulling into port, but that lasted for just a few minutes.

Also didn't smell fuel, as some people said we might. And engine noise didn't seem to be any better or worse than anywhere else on the ship.

Hope that's of some help.

ETA: we did have a couch, three closets. I think it may depend on where in the row you are - we were closer to the middle than the corners.

Hello, still new to cruising here, having only sailed once before. We just booked a sailing on Conquest and have an aft-view oceanview cabin on the Main Deck. Have not been able to find much online in terms of reviews/opinions on these cabins, as most information is about the balcony aft-view cabins.

I suspect there will be some vibration when docking as some have reported, but wondering about constant engine/mechanical noise? Cabins being more 'hot' than others?

Looking at the deck plans it shows a 'gray area' under these cabins. In this pic attached, there are open cutouts under these cabins, so not sure what would be below us.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Many thanks!

We have stayed in 2473 on the Glory and liked the room a lot. There was a vibration when we were steaming kind of fast but we liked it. Put you right to sleep! We are going on the Splendor next month and got the same room and the sister room on the other side 2470. They are bigger and have 2 windows. Not sure which one you are in but the same floor plan as Glory.

What is under you is the space where the ropes that they use to tie the ship are. The dining room is above you but we didn't notice any noise from there. Didn't notice any extra heat from the engines. Enjoy your cruise.