Aft Balconies Deck 7 on Serenade

79Smiles

In looking at the deck plans for Deck 7, it appears the balconies for cabins 7152-7170 and 7652-7670 are a bit larger. Can anyone confirm this for me? We're booked in cabin 7164 for an upcoming cruise and would love having a little more space on our balcony. Thanks!

Yes, those balconies are larger, about 50%, but not as private since the outer third only has a waist high separator between them. Also the downward view of those balconies is blocked by the roof of the Safari Club lounge and bar below these as shown in the first shot below.

The forward deck six balconies are just as large and don't have a obstructed downward view but have the same privacy issue.

attachment.php?attachmentid=362944&d=1442618250

attachment.php?attachmentid=362945&d=1442618250

RadE1RearLg.jpg.14b35d2864fe8b8b35a55b40e7fd6fac.jpg

RadianceFwdE1.jpg.c3238577e7cb453db9aaee65b95776b6.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

When we've had these balconies we really like that low separator near the railing even when we didn't know the folks in the adjacent cabins as it makes it a lot easier to get to know them. If you want privacy all you have to do is stay back closer to the sliding doors and that part of the balcony is covered thus protected from sun and rain unlike the front third.

Edited by robtulipe

• 5 months later...

No, unfortunately the low dividers do not open. As a matter of fact, I don't think the metal divider could be opened either. The "openness" of the balcony wasn't much of an issue as we were surrounded by either family or pleasant passengers :) What I really didn't care for was the obstructed downward view because of the roof of the Safari Club. Other than that, though, I loved the Serenade of the Seas. Anxious to sail on her during a warm weather cruise when we can really enjoy all the outside spaces.