Transportation to Turtle Farm....

FLASHINGLIGHTS83

We used the public bus system and transportation cost was significantly cheaper. However, for us, cost isn't the only reason to not book with the cruiseline. The cruiseline tours are tightly scheduled and CROWDED, not allowing much room for flexibility and personalization. And trust me, being able to get in the wading tanks and playing with the small turtles for as long you want is so worth the effort to do the tour on your own. We literally had the tanks all to ourselves for over 30 minutes.

We arrived at the Turtle Farm before the cruiseline tours and had the place to ourselves:

facebookP1110337_zpseohohpyx.jpg

Once the cruiseline tours arrived:

facebookP1110437_zpskou22xj8.jpg

I give a very detailed and picture-laden review of our trip to the Turtle Farm and Calico Jacks in my NCL Getaway review beginning at post #85.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331862

We used the public bus system and transportation cost was significantly cheaper. However, for us, cost isn't the only reason to not book with the cruiseline. The cruiseline tours are tightly scheduled and CROWDED, not allowing much room for flexibility and personalization. And trust me, being able to get in the wading tanks and playing with the small turtles for as long you want is so worth the effort to do the tour on your own. We literally had the tanks all to ourselves for over 30 minutes.

We arrived at the Turtle Farm before the cruiseline tours and had the place to ourselves:

facebookP1110337_zpseohohpyx.jpg

Once the cruiseline tours arrived:

facebookP1110437_zpskou22xj8.jpg

I give a very detailed and picture-laden review of our trip to the Turtle Farm and Calico Jacks in my NCL Getaway review beginning at post #85.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331862

Good points! We're going to try an indi local tour company called Stingray Tours, which has very good trip advisor ratings, this time around. The tour includes snorkling, feeding the rays and stop at turtle place. $240 for a family of 4. Can't be beaten for a tour hard-capped to max 25 guests.

• 2 weeks later...
Good points! We're going to try an indi local tour company called Stingray Tours, which has very good trip advisor ratings, this time around. The tour includes snorkling, feeding the rays and stop at turtle place. $240 for a family of 4. Can't be beaten for a tour hard-capped to max 25 guests.

Do you have a website for them, and a link to their tripadvisor? As you might imagine, searching for any combination of "Stingray" "Tours" and "Grand Cayman" brings back way too many results that aren't what I'm looking for.

Do you have a website for them, and a link to their tripadvisor? As you might imagine, searching for any combination of "Stingray" "Tours" and "Grand Cayman" brings back way too many results that aren't what I'm looking for.

Hey there,

We were with them this last Thursday and it was a blast. The name of the company is Stingray Sailing. Highly recommend them.

Hey there,

We were with them this last Thursday and it was a blast. The name of the company is Stingray Sailing. Highly recommend them.

Thanks for your reply. I did actually look at their website: http://www.stingraysailing.com/index.html

All I see is one tour listed, $65pp, and it's just Stingray City and some snorkeling. Is this the right place? Did you book something custom with them?

Thanks for your reply. I did actually look at their website: http://www.stingraysailing.com/index.html

All I see is one tour listed, $65pp, and it's just Stingray City and some snorkeling. Is this the right place? Did you book something custom with them?

We did Stingray + Snorkeling excursion. It was wonderful, Capt Chip and crew were amazing.