Infinity or Summit?

diddy02

We are in the process of booking a cruise on Celebrity to Alaska in August and were wondering what your opinions on these ships for this destination are.

They seem fairly similar from the reviewsand price wise they are about the same, the Infinity seems to be slightly more costly but not by much.

Any advice would be welcome.

It really depends on what you'd like to do? Infinity sails round trip from Vancouver, and Summit sails either northbound-Vancouver to Seward or the southbound return.

The round trip makes flights in and out of Vancouver easier, but the one way options allows you to see more.

I just returned from round trip Vancouver on the Summit. I would highly recommend this ship. It was beautiful and the service was the best I've ever had! The ship itself was very clean and easy to get around. I really don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

We are in the process of booking a cruise on Celebrity to Alaska in August and were wondering what your opinions on these ships for this destination are.

They seem fairly similar from the reviewsand price wise they are about the same, the Infinity seems to be slightly more costly but not by much.

Any advice would be welcome.

Been there, done that on both. Complete coin toss, although we did find some of the staff somewhat more friendly on the Infinity. Pick it based upon your preference in itinerary. Be sure to carefully price the open jaw airline ticket from your locale if you think you might take the one way north or south itinerary.

I just returned from round trip Vancouver on the Summit. I would highly recommend this ship. It was beautiful and the service was the best I've ever had! The ship itself was very clean and easy to get around. I really don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Since Infinity and Summit are twin ships, the above is no valid argument in making this decision. Lay-out, deck plans, services, food, entertainment (except for Cirque) are all the same. I would base this decision on the ports and the price. And yes, flying in and out from Vancouver is very convenient!

Archived