LAX-LB early morning - does this make sense?

Alephzayin

We're leaving on our cruise tomorrow (yes, I plan things at the last minute). I haven't been in LA in 15 years, and have never been to Long Beach. I'm arriving with husband and two daughters, aged 3 and 1. I want to run this by some locals/experienced LA cruisers to make sure this plan makes sense:

Plane arrives at LAX at 8:10. Take shuttle (company TBD) to cruise terminal. Get dropped off at the Queen Mary area and scrunch around.

10am - Go into QM when it opens. Do the Diana tour. Grab lunch.

1pm(ish) - Go to terminal. Check in (not FTTF). Get through line by 2ish? so girls can lay down for nap.

So far PrimeTime has our vote for the shuttle, but I saw some very dated 2005 reviews that said they were banned from the airports, no insurance, dilapidated vehicles, etc. Is that still the case? Any more recent users that can vouch or confirm? NOT doing Super Shuttle, as they want to charge full price for my 1 year old.

Check to see if you'll need car seats for the kids.

Get dropped off at port. Give your checked luggage to the porters. See what the lines are like for Early check in. If the line is short, check in and then go to the QM. Early Check in starts around 9:30 in front of the Dome. Dome doors open at 11:30 for boarding.

The QM is a two minute walk from the Dome.

Edited by SadieN

Awesome! That's great to know!! Early Bird, here we come! :D

Instead of a shuttle, for $50 more roundtrip we're using MB Limousine. He's already gone above and beyond by saying he'd buy carseats for his company so he could pick us up! I'm SUPER impressed!