Nice surprise

CAnative1

Got moved from a regular balcony on the Jewel to a mini suite with balcony after seeing that there had been a fare reduction. I even got to keep my original amenities.

In my limited cruising experience, I have cruised on floors that are "sandwiched" between other floors that are all staterooms. This time We will have part of the buffet area above. Anyone with experience on the Jewel on the 11th floor that can comment about noise (if any)?

Can comment directly about this but anytime you have non-cabin rooms above or below you... there is the chance of noise issues. But take the upgrade and just enjoy it as part of the experience.... hope that our obstructed picture window view improves on our next cruise!

But take the upgrade and just enjoy it as part of the experience.... hope that our obstructed picture window view improves on our next cruise!

Trust me, I jumped on it! :)

I was just curious as to experiences from others since as stated, I have never sailed where the floor above or below had public areas. The way I see it, if there is a noise issue and I am tired when I come back from my vacation, I might just have to extend my time off from work by a day to rest! :p

Good luck to you for your cruise. Hope something good comes your way.

Your exact cabin number would help but I hope that your cabin is actually under the dining area and not under either of the galleys on port side. Under dining areas on deck 11 is fine, under galleys possibly not so much. :)

Last year, I went from a studio room to mini-suite on deck nect to elevator and above Blues club/Headlines or Fats Cats (I think thats the name of it). Can't really complain about the noise since 1) I skeep to music anyway and 2)its was a free room upgrade that I wasn't expecting anyway, so I was happy to get a surprise like that for my birthday, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Your exact cabin number would help but I hope that your cabin is actually under the dining area and not under either of the galleys on port side. Under dining areas on deck 11 is fine, under galleys possibly not so much. :)

:) sorry, excitement over here. Well... without giving out TOO much info, from the looks, we would be somewhere below near where the garden cafe/icecream bar seem to be located above us. I dont think it would be below the great outdoors section (from looking at the deck plans). Just excited

Edited by CAnative1

Got moved from a regular balcony on the Jewel to a mini suite with balcony after seeing that there had been a fare reduction. I even got to keep my original amenities.

In my limited cruising experience, I have cruised on floors that are "sandwiched" between other floors that are all staterooms. This time We will have part of the buffet area above. Anyone with experience on the Jewel on the 11th floor that can comment about noise (if any)?

Had your situation when we were on the Pearl and no noise problems! You can google Norwegian Jewel followed by your cabin number and you should find more info.

Dont mean to hijack but whats the "upgrade" going from a balcony to a mini suite?

From what I am seeing, more sq footage (both in the room, and balcony) and a bathtub/shower combo. The bathtub part is great as we have a LO that doesnt care much for showers. So bathtub will make it so we dont have to get creative.