Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike - anyone done it?

girlzillla

We are considering the Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike on our cruise in November and I have a couple questions.

1. it says wear long pants- is that required? just afraid that it might get too hot with jeans on.

2. I've read some scary reviews that this is the hardest/worst hike ever. We are active but not really hikers. We could do a moderate type hike, but some of the reviews said that there is considerable areas where you have to climb, etc. anyone else go on it and find this is true?

thanks

Long pants are not a requirement, but if you do, jeans would be hot. The hike is not really that difficult from a technical point but you will be going up and grabbing vines and tree roots at times, it could be muddy after a rain shower. A lot depends on your guide, will he allow for several rest stops on the hike both the climb up and the decent down. When I went up years ago, our guide had us take turns leading to see what kind of stamina we had and set the pace accordingly. It will be difficult if the group is large to set a decent pace.

Not sure if my review is one you already read but I have a few pics and details in my Carnival Liberty review in my signature below. We did it in March with poinciana tours. I wore shorts and a tank top but was muddy after! I wore my heart rate monitor too and scratched it all up, every time I look at it now I remember the volcano :D