Upgrade email

lbow2006

Well this is only our second cruise so I wasn't expecting an upgrade offer, but I received one this afternoon via email. Unfortunately the offer was to upgrade to an ocean view and we currently have an interior with a walkway view on deck 7 so we aren't looking to move down decks unless it's to a balcony. The cost to upgrade two rooms to ocean view was $80 though.

I did call to check and see if there were any offers to upgrade to a balcony instead, but unfortunately she said they didn't have any at this time. Worth a shot though. :)

I received an upgrade offer to the walkway view room when we had a regular inside cabin. The offer was for $30 and we took it. I love these cabins and I have one booked for our Dec 12 cruise this year and a b2b in one next Nov. They're usually hard to get.

Can you tell me what a walk away view is. What class of ship and cabin number would be helpful so I can investigate further. Thank you

Would think that it would be a lot easier to offer upsells direct to passengers than via TA so apparently better to deal direct if you want a chance at this.

Yes we had a little survey recently and about 9 out of 10 that got offered upsells booked directly with the cruise line. Some said they heard that most TA's throw offers out w/o showing them to the clients b/c there is no money in it for them. One person said she would have missed seeing the offer if she hadn't been in her TA's office when the fax came in, it was about to be tossed. So tried calling a cruise line recently to see if they would match a price plus perks (OBC etc) offer at one of the big online TA's, and the agent said no they would not match it, so we took the better TA offer. And we found one of the big online TA's matches offers, and when they did that for us last year they thanked us for the chance to match it.