Booking future cruise while onboard

Bellabananas

I apologize for yet another thread about this but my situation is somewhat different than what has been discussed before. I am boarding a cruise on Saturday. While onboard I would like to book a girls cruise for November, for four of us, for two rooms. In order to take advantage of the OBC can I book both rooms and get $50 for each room, or will I need to book my room and let the other two book their cruise separately in order to utilize the Friends and Family Voucher? I would prefer to book both cruises on Saturday (or some point during my cruise) in order to ensure that we all get the same rate. I am afraid that we will have to wait for the second room though in order to benefit from the Friends and Family voucher. Also, for booking purposes, how much personal information will I need for my friends? I will try to book while we are still in port so I can call my friends but I would much rather be prepared in advance. Thanks!

I apologize for yet another thread about this but my situation is somewhat different than what has been discussed before. I am boarding a cruise on Saturday. While onboard I would like to book a girls cruise for November, for four of us, for two rooms. In order to take advantage of the OBC can I book both rooms and get $50 for each room, or will I need to book my room and let the other two book their cruise separately in order to utilize the Friends and Family Voucher? I would prefer to book both cruises on Saturday (or some point during my cruise) in order to ensure that we all get the same rate. I am afraid that we will have to wait for the second room though in order to benefit from the Friends and Family voucher. Also, for booking purposes, how much personal information will I need for my friends? I will try to book while we are still in port so I can call my friends but I would much rather be prepared in advance. Thanks!

If you just book YOUR cruise ... you will be given TWO friends and familiy vouchers good for the same OBC (I know this because I was just on a cruise last week and booked my next one) -- So, as long as there are not more than two other cabins needed (besides yours) ... there is no need for you to book your friends cabin while on board. Plus I'm not even sure if you can book a cabin for someone else, and even if you do book multiple cabins while on board, you will only receive TWO vouchers. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude :)

In the past I have done it both ways. Usually at least one occupant of each cabin you book must be on the cruise with you to be able to book multiple cabins with the booking while on board credit. The people assigned to each cabin can be changed on board once you embark for that cruise. My wife and I booked our cabin and a cabin for our nieces with her in one and me in the other. You need full name and birthdate to book someone in a cabin that isn't there. A past guest number also helps.

On our last cruise we went to the Future Cruise desk right after the life boat drill and booked our cabin. We were still at the dock so we used our cell phone to call our friends and give them the information from the F&F certificate so they could book the cabin next to ours and send in for the booking on board credit.

Thanks! I was hoping that I could call them while still in port so that they could book that day. I want for them to be able to get the same rate so that everything is even. So glad that two people who have recently done it could chime in. Thank you for your help! So excited for my first Carnival cruise and to be able to book the next vacation!

Your situation is different. Please come back and let us know for how it worked out for you.

I have not done it on board but I book our family cruises all the time. I have 4 staterooms this summer. I didn't have any difficulties booking for others but it was with my PVP.

was just on freedom 1st week in September and there was an onboard promo that if you book in the 1st 48 hours of your cruise you get a reduced deposit and an extra $30 on top of the $100 OBC- 7 day cruise. :)

How did you find out about this promotion? We leave on Saturday.

How much is the deposit if you book on the ship.

Generally the same as if you book on land. Someone posted about an additional onboard special but I haven't seen an offer like that myself.

Check to see what deals are available before you board and pick out the one you want. The Future Cruise Coordinator can take Verizon / AARP Carnival Gift Cards for the deposit. You can also get your booking moved to your PVP after the cruise if you want.

How much is the deposit if you book on the ship.

Per my PVP whom I spoke with since I will be on a ship Saturday, you get whatever promotion is currently running. I asked because of the $50 deposit pp right now and he told me it would be the same on-board just I would receive the certificates on the OBC since it was booked while on a cruise.

How did you find out about this promotion? We leave on Saturday.

Not the OP, but I think it varies from cruise to cruise. When we were on Conquest in early August, they had a special for double OBC for Vista sailings if you booked within the first 48 hours on-board. Since we knew we were going to book our Vista sailing while we were on the ship, it was a no-brainer for us. As an added benefit, the waits at the future cruise desk are much shorter at the beginning of the cruise than on the last day or two.