Carnival Continues To Cutback

Cruiseathoning

My thoughts exactly. I felt the same when I read "white gloved service." I want casual and fun.

Thats why its so important to read as many reviews as possible and realize that someone else's trash is someone else's treasure.

my cousin who lives in tampa says bull!

Florida resident annual pass to (4) four WDW parks is $500.00 and change. The day pass price for each of these is $100.00 +. So a little bit more.

Busch Gardens Florida annual pass is the exact price of a single ticket. Same with SeaWorld when purchased together with Busch Gardens.

Similar pricing structure for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure when purchased together.

I may have exagerrated ... a little... but not by much. It is GOOD to be a Florida resident. :)

Florida resident annual pass to (4) four WDW parks is $500.00 and change. The day pass price for each of these is $100.00 +. So a little bit more.

Busch Gardens Florida annual pass is the exact price of a single ticket. Same with SeaWorld when purchased together with Busch Gardens.

Similar pricing structure for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure when purchased together.

I may have exagerrated ... a little... but not by much. It is GOOD to be a Florida resident. :)

I never could believe my cousin!:D we will be in Jacksonville and Daytona next week. florida is a nice place to visit!:)

Maybe it's me, but I find absolutely everythingis going up, except our paychecks. This is quite possibly our last cruise coming up because of groceries, electric, water bills and many others. It's our "booming" economy. :rolleyes:

I can't fault Carnival for being in the same boat. TONS cheaper than Disney and RCI.

Maybe it's me, but I find absolutely everythingis going up, except our paychecks. This is quite possibly our last cruise coming up because of groceries, electric, water bills and many others. It's our "booming" economy. :rolleyes:

I can't fault Carnival for being in the same boat. TONS cheaper than Disney and RCI.

According to our government and our media the economy has really picked up. Where, I do not know because it certainly isn't here.:rolleyes:

Bill

According to our government and our media the economy has really picked up. Where, I do not know because it certainly isn't here.:rolleyes:

Bill

The economy has definitely picked up. It's not always super evident to see but one indication is always the unemployments rate. From late 2009 through mid 2011 the unemployment rate steadily hung around 9-10%. It's been going down since but slowly. 2015 is the first year since that it has remained consistently under 6% and is now only 5.1%. It has not been under 5% since 2007. That's a huge difference.

I lost my last permanent job back on 2011 and didn't find another permanent one until early this year. I filled the years with part time and temp contract work. And I am not an unskilled laborer. I have a high level of education and currently work for a global software company as an analyst. The jobs were just not to be had. There has been a marked difference in the availability of jobs, as well as pay rates, over the past year or two, which if you're not looking, you might not notice. But If you are someone who was struggling to find work in that time, I think you would be quite aware of the difference.

This kind of stuff makes a huge impact on the economy. For example, this is our first vacation in 4 years and Carnival is reaping the benefits of that.

:eek: This will be our first cruise with Carnival, so to be honest I don't know what cutbacks are there, but I do know I have read enough to actually put me off the upcoming cruise for my 50th birthday :(

it seems there will be practically nothing to do in the afternoons if we do not go off ship and also there will only be pizza after 9:30pm :eek:

well its paid and we are going but bet your bottom dollar I will be back on CC with full review and what I think about the value for my money was ;)

Cheers :D Wullie

Thank you Wullie. I love Royal but as a single supplement person I can no longer afford them. Have been looking into Norwegian and Carnival Please let me know. Thanks Karen :) Edited by Oppalopa

The economy has definitely picked up. It's not always super evident to see but one indication is always the unemployments rate. From late 2009 through mid 2011 the unemployment rate steadily hung around 9-10%. It's been going down since but slowly. 2015 is the first year since that it has remained consistently under 6% and is now only 5.1%. ......

uhhh......are you a comedian ? If so, your jokes aren't too funny !

In the past few months CCL pricing has gone up steadily and we are still seeing cutbacks.

Next will be one time daily service of staterooms.

Feel sorry for the golds that lost its party.

Cruising still a good bargain but not as much as it used to be.

I'm guessing we will never see 1 time per day cabin service because the purpose is not to please us but to keep the cabin in shape so the turn around time may be met.