Good Bye Celebrity

JDSTURTZ

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I've been so busy with school that I don't get a chance to check very much. As it is right now, I'm just going to bang out a quick response to your questions. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to give a more in-depth answer soon.

Unfortunately, Secret Harbour is indeed closed. I can tell you this for fact as my house is on a hill overlooking it. I do not know how you would be able to get in touch with the employee that you met. Sorry. If you have a name for him/her, that might be helpful, but still not very likely...

Brown Sugar is also still closed as you seem to be aware. The guy that owns it is doing "catering" but I do not know when the restaurant itself will be open. My mother is friendly with the owner's aunt and I had her ask if she had any info. Unfortunately, she's in the dark as well.

However, there are still a couple of restaurants worth mentioning - the Beach House, The Aquarium and The Cove. Haven't eaten at the last in some time, so can't vouch for the food, but the view is amazing. I do warn you to come armed with plenty of patience - service is slow pretty much everywhere in Grenada (and lots of places in the Caribbean for that matter). Having been here before, that should be no surprise.

There is also Coconut Beach (on Grand Anse Beach) which recently re-opened as well as The Nutmeg and Tout Bagay right in St. George's.

Okay, I've got to go now as my time is no longer my own, but I'll hopefully be able to be back soon and give a bit better reply. Unfortunately, I won't be able to hang around the boards and provide information like I was doing during Nov-Feb when I was on leave of absence from school, but I'm sure you'll understand.

JCan you confirm a few things for me?

Gumby, we will be visiting Grenada in jan 06 with us will be a 23 year old and 21 year old the 23 year old sails quite a bit at home and college. Where would you recommend going so the kids will have fun at the beach sailing, snorkeling or whatever they choose. Also the place that you recommend are they close to the ships dock, how do we get to these beaches, and what do you think it should cost? Thank you very much gigi:confused:

Archived