Escape 11/14 Vacancies

I have been watching the cabin availability for the November 14th cruise on the Escape on the NCL site. What once appeared as a sold out cruise now has cabins of all variety available.

Is this normal for less than 60 days before a cruise or was there a major cancellation?

Thanks ... we are just curious because we are on the cruise :)

There is also a huge group that had 1/3 of all cabins on hold. Some huge travel agent group out if Ft. Lauderdale. We originally wanted 11/14 but when I found out the ship would have about 1500 TA's on an annual meeting we changed to the 11/28 sailing

We are on the 3-day before you, and shortly before final payment a whole bunch of cabins opened up. Guessing there were cancellations (or TAs releasing blocks) because people realized we'd be going to Nassau instead of GSC, which was the original itinerary. Cabins are still quite a lot more than we paid, too.

Have fun on your cruise!

Why switch. It's either 1500 travel agents or 1500 other guests. Either way it's 1500. But seriously, it's 840 agents in our group. :)

There is also a huge group that had 1/3 of all cabins on hold. Some huge travel agent group out if Ft. Lauderdale. We originally wanted 11/14 but when I found out the ship would have about 1500 TA's on an annual meeting we changed to the 11/28 sailing

Why switch. It's either 1500 travel agents or 1500 other guests. Either way it's 1500. But seriously, it's 840 agents in our group. :)

Because large groups with activities can cause inconvinience to other passengers.

I've been on a cruise where there were several hundreds of passengers from one specific religious group (partial charter) and it really affected the overall cruise experience as they had reserved normally open public venues for their use, caused big special arrangements and restrictions in one MDR for all meals, kids hogging tables in bars, etc, etc.

The difference between previous leg without that group and the leg they were on was like a night and day.

Because large groups with activities can cause inconvinience to other passengers.

I've been on a cruise where there were several hundreds of passengers from one specific religious group (partial charter) and it really affected the overall cruise experience as they had reserved normally open public venues for their use, caused big special arrangements and restrictions in one MDR for all meals, kids hogging tables in bars, etc, etc.

The difference between previous leg without that group and the leg they were on was like a night and day.

That might explain why there was no entertainment available on one night of our cruise ... the group probably had the venue booked.

We took a positive approach we learned of the convention - we figure that the herd would free up other venues when they have events planned.

I am on that cruise, any advice on where your group will be so we can plan around you? Are you doing any excursions as a group or anything like that?