Lax Ship tome from Airport

planb

It's about 30 minutes to port with no traffic/construction/Sig Alerts/debris/lookie-lous etc. Sometimes the freeways just stop for no apparent reason. Add to that 30 minutes to get off the plane, another 20 waiting for your luggage (hopefully you're doing carry on). 10 minutes to grab a cab.

If all goes right you'll be lucky to get to port by 2:30pm.

Weekend traffic is no better than weekday traffic. At times weekend traffic is worse because many have no idea where they're going.

Edited by SadieN

We took a HAL cruise out of San Diego many years ago. We had an early morning flight scheduled the day of the cruise. We figured an hour flight, no problem.

The flight was delayed, and then delayed again. We finally got out about 1:00 and made it by 2:30, another 45 minutes to get our luggage and a quick trip to the port, and we made it, barely. never again.

You will probably make it, assuming no anomalies. I would never do it, would be a nervous wreck. If one thing goes wrong you miss your cruise.

We sail the Miracle this Saturday and are flying into Long Beach airport on Friday.

We're also flying in to LGB on Friday for the Miracle cruise on Saturday. We almost always go a day ahead of time.

In July we flew from PDX to LGB on the morning JetBlue flight but our daughter & grandson were on the later flight which ended up being cancelled and she almost missed her sisters wedding since she had to wait until the following day...and that was in July!

First, I would never fly in "day of". We have been on trips with people (luckily not us) that had to many problems. We did have a flight out of Sacramento on Delta to FLL that was suppose to leave at 9:30 AM that turned into a red eye arriving at 7:30 AM the next day. So "no way" I would fly in day of.

That being said, I can't find out if you are clearing immigration or customs. But, we (US citizens) flew back from Mexico in November and it took us at least 90 minutes to clear and get our luggage.

Don't know what time your ship leaves but I don't think I would chance it.

Living in northern CA I wouldn't have an issue flying SWA early AM, but leaving anywhere else, not so sure.

Book the Carnival shuttle from airport to port. They won't leave you behind that way. Had some friends do the same thing (flying into Miami from L.A.) The shuttle was waiting for them they got to the port about 45 min. before sailing but had no issues because Carnival was their transportation.