Publicly shown movies on the Gem?

Presbycruiser

Hi John,

On one of my Gem cruises last year I did see movies playing in the Atrium, very loudly, and with subtitles. The one I remember was the space movie with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Sorry don't know the name. If I recall correctly, it's listed in the Freestyle Daily when they play.

Hi John,

On one of my Gem cruises last year I did see movies playing in the Atrium, very loudly, and with subtitles. The one I remember was the space movie with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Sorry don't know the name. If I recall correctly, it's listed in the Freestyle Daily when they play.

Good to know, thanks! That was a great movie BTW whose name also escapes me. Nice they show almost first run movies.

Are movies shown in the atrium on occasion ... or some other public venue? Can someone who has cruised recently on the Gem say what kind of movies were offered?

Yes. They'll list them in the Freestyle Daily. They will also show Football on the big screen. Usually it's a mix of family friendly movies and a movie they're showing on the in-room TV movie channel.

Miss the theater's that they had on the ships, felt like you were at the LOWES or RKO movie theaters, the way it is today either in the Atrium or even out on deck there is always people walking by talking loud which takes away the enjoyment of a movie:cool: