Transatlantic, Galaxy Vs M class?

humblecruiser

Galaxy Vs M class?

I have just booked an eastbound transatlantic for next year on the Galaxy. I have made two previous transatlantic crossings on the Constellation and I am worried that the Galaxy will not live up to expectations. Questions are as follows:

Will the entertainment be as good. On our last crossing there were several guest speakers giving multiple lectures a day. Also there were several matinees on the crossing.

Does the ship ride as well as the M class.

Is there wireless internet available I have got used to using my computer at the hot spots located around M class ships.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hey, Humblecruiser!

DW and I took our first Celebrity Cruise on Galaxy. It was a Caribbean trip from Baltimore, not transatlantic. My impression is that M class is a just a larger Galaxy, based on our trip on Constellation in April. Layouts, etc. are very similar. There is no Aqua Spa Cafe which we found to be a plus on the Connie. And no aft cabins like those on Connie. Come to think of it, no Cova Cafe with the string quartet, either. But Galaxy was a nice ship, and the level of service on Constellation (excellent) was consistent with that of the Galaxy.

Wesley

We have done many transatlantics on the Millenium and Constellation.

This last May we did the Eastbound transatlantic on the Galaxy. Oct. 17

we are doing the Westbound transatlantic on the Galaxy.

We like the Galaxy much better. The food and attitude of the crew was

much better on the Galaxy. The music for dancing was much better on the

Galaxy. We do not go to shows so I cannot answer that. But there are

more venues for dancing on the Galaxy.

We felt the ship rode very well although we noticed some vibration in the

dining room. We will probably see you on the eastbound next May.

Hey, Humblecruiser!

DW and I took our first Celebrity Cruise on Galaxy. It was a Caribbean trip from Baltimore, not transatlantic. My impression is that M class is a just a larger Galaxy, based on our trip on Constellation in April. Layouts, etc. are very similar. There is no Aqua Spa Cafe which we found to be a plus on the Connie. And no aft cabins like those on Connie. Come to think of it, no Cova Cafe with the string quartet, either. But Galaxy was a nice ship, and the level of service on Constellation (excellent) was consistent with that of the Galaxy.

Wesley

just to clarify this posters info: there IS a Cova Cafe, just no string quartet.

Archived